IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM PCN at IAS stage

Options

Comments

• Tristanito
    Options
    Hi all,

Any further feedback on my defence?

Thank you!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you saying that I should ask again for all images and the additional info you mentioned above (notes and sources)? How should I contact them? Email?

Email their DPO using the email addy on their privacy page, as that's the address to send a SAR.

Don't ask those slightly pointless questions, just use the SAR template on the Legal Beagles website and add a section setting out what evidence and data you really want to see (all photos, all letters, all data held, a close up of the sign on the day, etc etc).

Your defence looks very good, except this lot are not the IPC, and they haven't used that name for a while:
    The Independent Parking Committee
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tristanito
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks!
    IPC now stands for International Parking Community, I will amend my defence accordingly.
    I checked UKCPM's memberships on their website and they list both IPC and BPA. Should I add the BPA Grace Period paragraph back to my defence then?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tristanito wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks!
    IPC now stands for International Parking Community, I will amend my defence accordingly.
    I checked UKCPM's memberships on their website and they list both IPC and BPA. Should I add the BPA Grace Period paragraph back to my defence then?

They can belong to both but can only use one, they use the scam IPC for obvious scam reasones
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

No. The NEWBIES thread near the top in the Q&A answers that and begs people not to ask that old chestnut!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tristanito
    Options
    Defence submitted yesterday.
    Regarding the SAR they are asking me for a proof of ID and a proof of address. I know the Newbies thread says that they shouldn't be asking that so I told them to just mail the data to my home address. If they push back what do you suggest I do?
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tristanito wrote: »
    Defence submitted yesterday.
    Regarding the SAR they are asking me for a proof of ID and a proof of address. I know the Newbies thread says that they shouldn't be asking that so I told them to just mail the data to my home address. If they push back what do you suggest I do?
    Send them a copy of your court claim!
  • Tristanito
    Options
    I received the UKCMP's completed Directions Questionnaire a couple of days ago from Gladstones, but no Defendant Directions Questionnaire was sent directly to me. I emailed CCBC about that just now. Is it usually the case that DQs are sent to Claimants first?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This is covered by bargepole in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. Its all there.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Tristanito
    Options
    Yes, I've read all the instructions and Bargepole says that "the Northampton Business centre will send a Directions Questionnaire (form N180) to both Claimant and Defendant.".
    My issue is that I never received the Defendant DQ to fill in, only the completed Claimant DQ.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure