Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Poppypen
    • By Poppypen 26th Dec 17, 9:58 PM
    • 39Posts
    • 81Thanks
    Poppypen
    Planning my great escape
    • 26th Dec 17, 9:58 PM
    Planning my great escape 26th Dec 17 at 9:58 PM
    Hello

Am starting this diary to try and help myself to get a better life for my children and myself. I need to pay off my debt and get some money behind myself to start somewhere on my own.

Not entirely sure about exactly how much I owe. Not really a clue on how I'm going to pay it off at the moment and no idea how to change things, but I'm going to figure out a way.

Off the top of my head this is what I owe :

Aqua credit card 2077
    Capital One (1) 200
    Capital One (2) 200
    Very 400

Am going to try and find the SOA thingy. X
    Quick Reply
Page 2
    • Poppypen
    • By Poppypen 5th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Poppypen
    Hello

Whops I didn't realise it had been so long since I posted. Not much done towards paying off debt so far but I've not added to it which I'm pleased about. My big news for today is ive managed to get a second job which I will be starting on Tuesday

Need to get more organised or the year will slip away before I know it. Jobs for tomorrow are :
    1) tidy and clean kitchen
    2) iron some clothes to photo and list on eBay
    3) general tidy as much as possible before work

Xx
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 5th Jan 18, 11:44 PM
    • 889 Posts
    • 3,592 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Well done on getting the job.
    paydbx #93 692/8,000.
    Loan 17k - paid off in Aug 2017. Home improvement loans 3342 March 2017. 3123 in Jan 18
    • Mumoffourkids
    • By Mumoffourkids 6th Jan 18, 8:08 AM
    • 628 Posts
    • 3,142 Thanks
    Mumoffourkids
    Well done on getting the job and on not adding to the debt. The second job will really help with bringing down the debt!
    Total debt Dec 2017 23090.83
    Ma7 2018 3691.78 84.01% paid
    Emergency fund 150/600
    Total Savings 1328.05
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,624Posts Today

7,771Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin