Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• nicola00
    nicola00 Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Decided to avoid my usual store after a total Barney last year , was really disgusted by what I seen so instead I’ve headed into town.
    There’s a small crowd gathering now, but not queuing, although some as close as they can possibly be to the security doors.
    I thought it might have opened earlier so came here instead of the one I knew opened at 8........ now thinking I could have been to the other store 10min walk away and been productive instead of standing here.......
  • nicola00
    nicola00 Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OMG so that small gathering is no more, me no likey...... I don’t get the pushing forward thing it’s not open there’s nowhere to go..... me I’m standing in a corner an I’ll get in when the shutters open
  • american_dreamer
    Options
    Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow (big one opposite Primark)

Had planned to be there at 8am opening before work, but thwarted thanks to tailback on motorway. Went at 8.40am without much hope... but, even though shelves were being emptied rapidly, I managed to pick up my shopping list of 3 x S&G Winter Wonder Glam, Jack Wills holdall (sis lurved the last one, so this is her xmas pressie for this year, and also picked up 2 x medium S&G sets for birthday presents.

There was about 30-odd people still in the store (I'd walked by many bulging carrier bags en route), it was perfectly civilised, please and thank you's a-aplenty.

Overheard the sales assistant commenting on a few big spenders that had been in (trolly loads and £££'s) and that that it wasn't as chaotic as last year.

I'm still sold on the sale and it was a good year for me!

PS Bit late, but don't forget to load up your vouchers!
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So chuffed with my purchases; so much better than I'd anticipated!
    Will report back later; ready for a brew, phew... :j
  • Sarjsmith
    Options
    Thanks Storck for your advance info, hope you enjoy your pastures new, At Bromborough this morning, very civilized, managed to get all the bits I wanted and as a bonus, the staff were LOVELY and friendly��
  • Katgrit
    Katgrit Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Done, dusted and back at work already. I was 2nd in the queue and by 5 to 9 there were about 200, right down past the sofa shop and M&S. People were coming pushing the MASSIVE trollies from B&Q right over the other side of the retail park.There was no pushing or shoving but loads of people justbeing inconsiderate and accidentally knocking people over, or knocking stuff off shelves, or off peoples piles. So many people with trollies buying like 10 of the big S&G sets. I really hope they have a 6 max policy at checkout! Then loads of proper scouse brow girls with inch thick make up screeching "ders nohhin!! dont kno why I fr¡gg¡n come".

Never again. I miss my old Boots.
  • moneysaver890
    Options
    Well that was an experience, but I made it out alive :rotfl: Managed to get a few S&G and Sanctuary sets for myself and a few sets for prezzies. Crazy/carnage compared to my local but was deffo worth it :)
  • tea_cake
    tea_cake Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    So went to the Taunton store today. I used to go before opening but I've just been going after the school run the past few years as it's getting less and less busy. I usually arrive around 9 now.

I saw a few ladies outside with several Ikea bags full of gift sets. There was still loads inside and no scrum.

My main haul this year was candles! There was a packed display of candles in the sale this year, including loads of Paddywax candles (soy candles made in the USA). They had the "library collection (every candle is a scent inspired by a different classic author). Spent most of my budget on those as they are lovely and the price was right!

Other than that, got a few Lego and Minecraft toys for my daughter's bday (in July :D). I was checking on Amazon quite a bit, to make sure I was actually getting a good deal.

Escaped without buying any beauty sets (except a Powerpuff girls nail polish set for my daughter)! My bag for life isn't even full!

All in all spent £37 + £10 in points on mostly candles and Lego!
  • AprilR
    AprilR Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So Peterborough was crazy! They had a queue this time at one shutter, we were near the front and they opened the one shutter leading to the escalator which was good. No pushing at this point. They opened the other shutters five mins later. This queue was huge! Hundreds of people. Got upstairs and started off quiet, got a few bits then it was crazy. Couldn’t move down aisles or anything. Someone knocked something off the other side of where I was standing and nearly hit me, it smashed on the floor, massive spillage. I got a lot of things I wanted and a few extras, used load up cards which I get a discount on. Was an experience to say the least. If you’re heading to queensgate Peterborough, there was still loads of beauty sets etc left, lots of s&g etc. However more and more people were going in, so doubt there will be much left now.
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I gave it a miss this year. It used to be good fun but these days especially in the big stores its such a scrum. Only thinking I was looking for was some Totes slippers but DD is popping to Bristol Broadmead later this morning so said she would look. Oh how I miss the old Boots thread with Sandrascarlett and Mimi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure