Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MARKMAKAVELI
    • By MARKMAKAVELI 11th Dec 17, 4:49 PM
    • 187Posts
    • 63Thanks
    MARKMAKAVELI
    I have a permit, but parked in wrong permit section
    • 11th Dec 17, 4:49 PM
    I have a permit, but parked in wrong permit section 11th Dec 17 at 4:49 PM
    Just started leasing office space. I was given a permit but wasn't given any instruction as to where to park and parked underneath a sign that warned that "you need a permit'. I thought "great I've got one"!

I didn't realise there would be multiple different operators in the same place. Turns out my permit is for a different section than what I parked in.

Can I expect any leniency or is it just a case of "should have paid more attention"?

Obviously the landlord denies all responsibility and says I have to take it up with the company, I've not spoken to the company yet but presume they won't understand?

Thanks
    Last edited by MARKMAKAVELI; 11-12-2017 at 4:50 PM. Reason: .
Page 3
    • MARKMAKAVELI
    • By MARKMAKAVELI 21st Feb 18, 12:58 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    MARKMAKAVELI
    My stomach has turned.

AOS replied asking for more details and mentioned about how appeal must be logged within 28 days.

The ticket was issues 9th December, appeal logged 6th Jan.
    It is 28 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 21st Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    • 2,453 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    So BPA replied? not "AOS"

When does it state the period begins? Show us the exact wording.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    • 57,348 Posts
    • 70,946 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think UKPC NTKs say appeal within 28 days from receipt of the NTK? Maybe not.

I would not worry if you did the appeal online that's pretty much in time...! Do not be put off by some daft response.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MARKMAKAVELI
    • By MARKMAKAVELI 22nd Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    MARKMAKAVELI
    Exact wording "An appeal must be received within 28 days of the date the parking charge notice is issued to ensure it is addressed. If an appeal is received outside of this timescale it will be up to the individual operator as to whether they treat the correspondence as an appeal and issue a 10-digit POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals) verification code."

Picture of the ticket itself:
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Feb 18, 9:18 PM
    • 57,348 Posts
    • 70,946 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would say you appealed in time, on the 28th day by any reasonable interpretation.

Tell the BPA, I did appeal within 28 days and online, so UKPC had the appeal immediately on day 28 from that PCN. BPA - what are you actually going to do about this, given the current strength of feeling in Parliament and the fact I am now copying in my MP to our correspondence?
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• MARKMAKAVELI
    • By MARKMAKAVELI 6th Mar 18, 8:06 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    MARKMAKAVELI
    Thankyou to everyone who helped in this thread. I'm very grateful.

I received a letter from UKPC saying "gesture of goodwill, we've canceled the ticket".
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Mar 18, 9:51 AM
    • 2,453 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Did you complain to the BPA? If so, I bet they told UKPC to cancel...
    • MARKMAKAVELI
    • By MARKMAKAVELI 6th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    MARKMAKAVELI
    yep as per above. wonderful stuff!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 10:33 PM
    • 57,348 Posts
    • 70,946 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done and thankyou for updating with your success!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,714Posts Today

7,918Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin