Birmingham Midshires 1.45%

Options
a&akay
a&akay Posts: 526 Forumite
edited 3 December 2017 at 7:12PM in Savings & investments
Showing on their website. As I have a 1.3%, I've just applied for this online. It was set up instantly. Just need to transfer the savings across between the 2. Each is linked to a different feeder so bit of a faff. I'll keep each open to satisfy DDs.

BM did a site upgrade today. Both my 1.3% account and the 1.45% are now showing as 1.45% so I've gained an extra DD for the Tesco DD withdrawal. Faster payments have gone into the latter account within a few hours OK. These are from a 123 account, which I've just closed, where Martin's analysis shows it's not worth keeping if the 123 DD cashbacks don't make up for the £5 fee. I've kept the date of opening of the 2 for when the rate drops, unless other instant access savers are offered with a better % in the meantime.

Comments

• Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on this. :)
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    I just spoke to BM savings about upgrading my 1.30% savings account (*only transferred my old BM Savings account that the bonus had dropped off to their latest 1.30% issue 2 weeks ago*) to the latest 1.45% offering.

The customer service agent said (it depends what issue you already have as you may not need to do anything to get upgraded to the new 1.45% issue) if I've got the 1.30% issue they will automatically upgrade these accounts to the new 1.45% issue.

CSA said the new 1.45% rate will be displayed on the welcome screen when I login to my online BM Savings account - though it may take a few days for this change to take effect.

* You can re-designate old BM Saving Account to their latest offering over the phone...

I had a old online BM savings account on which the bonus had dropped off, a couple of weeks ago I phoned them (01902428311 - 8am>8pm) and got it re-designated to the latest issue.

It's easier than going through the whole online application process again - and you get to keep your existing BM savings account number.
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • a&akay
    a&akay Posts: 526 Forumite
    Options
    Ifts wrote: »
    I just spoke to BM savings about upgrading my 1.30% savings account (*only transferred my old BM Savings account that the bonus had dropped off to their latest 1.30% issue 2 weeks ago*) to the latest 1.45% offering.

The customer service agent said (it depends what issue you already have as you may not need to do anything to get upgraded to the new 1.45% issue) if I've got the 1.30% issue they will automatically upgrade these accounts to the new 1.45% issue.

CSA said the new 1.45% rate will be displayed on the welcome screen when I login to my online BM Savings account - though it may take a few days for this change to take effect.

* You can re-designate old BM Saving Account to their latest offering over the phone...

I had a old online BM savings account on which the bonus had dropped off, a couple of weeks ago I phoned them (01902428311 - 8am>8pm) and got it re-designated to the latest issue.

It's easier than going through the whole online application process again - and you get to keep your existing BM savings account number.

But you then won't have another DD for £1 setup when Tesco withdraw theirs. I've now got 3 BM DDs used to satisfy other DD requirements. 2 of these I will cream every few months as the £1s build up.
  • paxee
    paxee Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello

Anyone else getting timeouts and errors when trying to apply for the 1.45% account on BM website?!
  • thefirs
    thefirs Posts: 699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I applied successfully on 1 December and sent an opening cheque that cleared on 22nd.

Despite receiving the activation access code, still no username - anyone else experiencing this slow train of administration?
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Yes like you received my activation code a while ago but username still 'in the post'

You can, however, still send money to the account by FP so as long as you don't need to logon you can take advantage of the 1.45% until your username arrives.
  • littlemissbossy
    Options
    thefirs wrote: »
    I applied successfully on 1 December and sent an opening cheque that cleared on 22nd.

Despite receiving the activation access code, still no username - anyone else experiencing this slow train of administration?

Me too :sad:
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
  • alahol2
    alahol2 Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, the man with the quill pen and ledgers has obviously been off sick. Over a month to get an online account up and running is a joke.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been on the phone for nearly an hour just to try to find out why, once logged on (yes, I have actually got as far as logging on!), I can't actually operate the account. Every option I select from the menu tells me the service is unavailable to me :( The rep told me they'd send a note to tech guys and then leave a note on my file so I can ring up again (yeah, right, like I'm going to spend another hour for nothing!) and ask them what's going on with it. Beggars belief that BM exist at all if this is the best they can do.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thefirs wrote: »
    Similar situation to you, but my username arrived in the post today :T
    alahol2 wrote: »
    Yes, the man with the quill pen and ledgers has obviously been off sick. Over a month to get an online account up and running is a joke.
    To be fair, I suspect they have been much busier than expected, and we've had Christmas and New Year to interrupt things. I'd rather have this account with its valuable features, instead of instant opening a less attractive account.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport