Options
1235»

Comments

• MarkFromCornwall
    Options
    Wilma33 wrote: »
    the online interface is terrible!

It's quick.
    Logging in and out are never delayed by an advert.
    It shows the interest rate on the first page.
    It's easy to print an interest certificate.
    You can easily close your account online.

What more do you want ... pictures of Birmingham?
  • hoc
    hoc Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I agree the site works fine... when it works. I have found it unavailable too often after midnight due to maintenance.
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    I applied beginning of December. Recieved the welcome letter after a week but nothinf else. Its shockingly bad, I wont be going ahead with the account now. My nationwide accounts and regular saver mature next week so need somewhere to put it.

Since the rate was pulled so quick I cant help thinking its an intentional strategy to cut back applicants after it got over subscribed
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Just checked my nationwide flex account I have made several FP in the last week to BM and the sort code hasnt changed it still ends with 78.
  • youngretired
    Options
    My Halifax did change to the 209786 but took 2 days to happen.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2018 at 1:34PM
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Open one of these accounts (1.3%) for my wife on 7th Nov and completely forgot about it. Only remembered when she checked her Direct Debits on her Club Lloyds current account and noticed a Direct Debit from BM that's never been paid.

Anyway, checked the pile of junk mail waiting to be shredded and found the letter from BM requesting a cheque from her linked account.

Sent the cheque off last Thursday, 2 months late. Hope they can still open the account for her!

They've opened it even though she's two months late in sending the cheque! Also, she will be getting 1.45% and not the 1.3% when she applied in early November.

Cheque was sent 4/1 and she received her username & welcome letter today 12/1
  • Minnie1234
    Options
    Here's my cautionary tale : applied online Dec.8th , cheque for £1 sent off soon after , cheque returned as signatiure form not complete ( they hadn't sent it to me ) , cheque resent without delay now with signature form , cheque eventually cashed on January 9th and no further communication received.So 43 days later the account opening is still incomplete.
    Frankly,I'm past caring and will happily leave my sizeable cash sum earning less interest elsewhere.
    How this organisation continues to function in the 21st century is beyond me.
    Minnie
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Minnie1234 wrote: »
    How this organisation continues to function in the 21st century is beyond me.
    I'd guess because a lot of customers are willing to put up with all the foibles in order to get 1.45% on their money.

If you really think BM have been bad, take a look at the thread about the NatWest switching incentive.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport