IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DRP Plus overstaying at McDonalds

Varnaman
Varnaman Posts: 20 Forumite
edited 30 November 2017 at 10:46AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook, I received in the post today a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for £160.00 for overstaying at McDonalds Gatwick Airport

The original ticket was issued by MET Parking Services.

This is the first letter I have received regarding this matter as previous letters if sent were not forwarded.I have been told that if payment of £160.00 is not paid by 7th December further action will be taken.

What can I do about this now?

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Varnaman wrote: »
    I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook, I received in the post today a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for £160.00 for overstaying at McDonalds Gatwick Airport

The original ticket was issued by MET Parking Services.

This is the first letter I have received regarding this matter as previous letters if sent were not forwarded.I have been told that if payment of £160.00 is not paid by 7th December further action will be taken.

What can I do about this now?

This Mcdonalds is a well known scam site and it seems
    Mcdonalds don't give a damn

First point is NEVER use this Mcdonalds again whilst
    they employ parking cowboys/scammers.

Second point is please read the Newbies thread on here
    and read up ON DRP.

DRP are just timewasters who spout rubbish and
    have ZERO powers

IGNORE DRP :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook
    You could be getting another fine (a real one) through the post for up to £1,000 if you don’t do that. At the same time you need to do a separate notification for your driver’s licence - there’s no read-across from one to the other.

Are DRP now corresponding with your new, or your former address?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    AFAIU the £1,000 fine is for not updating the driving licence; the V5C only requires a serviceable address - i.e. somewhere that the keeper can receive correspondence. I'm not sure there's a fine for not doing so.

However it's a good idea to get both updated (separately) ASAP ... the driving licence MUST be done immediately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure