New Post Advanced Search

DRP Plus overstaying at McDonalds

edited 30 November 2017 at 10:46AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
3 replies 532 views
VarnamanVarnaman Forumite
20 posts
edited 30 November 2017 at 10:46AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook, I received in the post today a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for £160.00 for overstaying at McDonalds Gatwick Airport

The original ticket was issued by MET Parking Services.

This is the first letter I have received regarding this matter as previous letters if sent were not forwarded.I have been told that if payment of £160.00 is not paid by 7th December further action will be taken.

What can I do about this now?

Replies

• beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varnaman wrote: »
    I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook, I received in the post today a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for £160.00 for overstaying at McDonalds Gatwick Airport

The original ticket was issued by MET Parking Services.

This is the first letter I have received regarding this matter as previous letters if sent were not forwarded.I have been told that if payment of £160.00 is not paid by 7th December further action will be taken.

What can I do about this now?

This Mcdonalds is a well known scam site and it seems
    Mcdonalds don't give a damn

First point is NEVER use this Mcdonalds again whilst
    they employ parking cowboys/scammers.

Second point is please read the Newbies thread on here
    and read up ON DRP.

DRP are just timewasters who spout rubbish and
    have ZERO powers

IGNORE DRP :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook
    You could be getting another fine (a real one) through the post for up to £1,000 if you don’t do that. At the same time you need to do a separate notification for your driver’s licence - there’s no read-across from one to the other.

Are DRP now corresponding with your new, or your former address?
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIU the £1,000 fine is for not updating the driving licence; the V5C only requires a serviceable address - i.e. somewhere that the keeper can receive correspondence. I'm not sure there's a fine for not doing so.

However it's a good idea to get both updated (separately) ASAP ... the driving licence MUST be done immediately.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support