Moving home help

Options
I started a 12 month fibre contract with Vivaciti.net a month ago, but am now about to move home.

They say I have to settle the remaining 11 months (at £31 per month) of the contract and begin a new one in my new home, even though I am staying with them.

Is there any way around this?

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Check their T&Cs as they may not be the same as for the bigger providers who do special rates for moves.

My sister moved her Sky broadband and line rental a few hundred metres away and she has just carried on with her contract (with a new minimum term, though), but lost her number as the new house's owner never had a physical phone line, so there was nowhere to transfer the number to.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ouch, seems to be a rip off that you've agreed to I'm afraid.

https://vivaciti.net/support
    Can I move my broadband and/or phone line to another premises?

Broadband is attached to a physical line at the address so you would need to request a cease for your broadband and then place an order for a new broadband service at the new premises this will generate a cease charge for the broadband at the current rate and may cause a new activation charge to be raised depending on your package.
    To request a cease you would contact us via email or support ticket. Please remember to include the phone number the broadband is on, the address and post code and the date you wish the cease to commence.
    If you wish to place a new order with us for the new premises please include the address and post code and the phone number for the new premises as well as the date we should place the order.
    The phone line will also need to be ceased (there is no charge for this) and then a new line will need to be ordered at the new address. If there is currently a standard phone line at this new address this can be restarted this can be done at a cost of £7.20 if not it will require a new engineer installation at a cost of £78.00

Best you can do is follow the complaints procedure:
    Complaints and Escalations

We aim to provide the best possible service to our customers but if you are not happy with any aspect of your service with us or the way you have been dealt with, in the first instance you should either raise a ticket from your client area or send an email to customerservices@vivaciti.net this will raise a ticket number for you to track. We aim to respond to all emails and tickets within 48 hours but no longer than 5 working days. If you are not happy with any response received or if this has not been dealt with to your satisfaction within 72 hours of acknowledgment you can ask that the case be escalated to the customer services manager they will then have a further 72 hours to respond to your issue. If at this point you are still not happy with the resolution then you can ask that the case be referred to a company director at this point we aim to have a resolution to you within 2 weeks. If you are still not happy with the outcome you can ask that the matter be escalated to the managing director who will respond to you within 5 weeks.

If you still can't get a resolution you could try the resolver service:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver

And if that doesn't work I certainly wouldn't be taking a new contract with them.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    New home new customer discounts if you look at other ISPs .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure