Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gerardi
    • By gerardi 28th Nov 17, 9:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gerardi
    Topcashback is a Scam
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:40 PM
    Topcashback is a Scam 28th Nov 17 at 9:40 PM
    I had updated my ACH to a different bank and I double checked to have the right bank and Topcashback sent it to the wrong one anyway, and the bank they sent it to will not return my money.

Also, every time I use Topcashback it refuses to register my purchase and I have to send nearly a dozen messages to get them to register and wait for half a year to get a few dollars that they send to the wrong bank.

I emailed the CEO at oliver@topcashback.co.uk and no reply. Does anyone know know any executive emails?

My next step is to contact the consumerist a division of consumer reports and let them know about my issues. I will probably also file charges with the government because Topcashback is behaving very unprofessionally.

Thank you,

Gerard I. Prudhomme S.M.
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 28th Nov 17, 10:58 PM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 3,926 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:58 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:58 PM
    You're posting about this on a UK based forum.

Top Cash Back is not a scam.

Thank you,

I Am. Wales B.D.S.M.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 28th Nov 17, 11:00 PM
    • 11,006 Posts
    • 23,630 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:00 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:00 PM
    Has to be a troll.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 29th Nov 17, 4:33 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:33 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:33 AM
    father christmas is a scamm

D wainthrope DCSP and Bar Tunbridge Wells.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 29th Nov 17, 6:35 AM
    • 27,231 Posts
    • 10,970 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:35 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:35 AM
    No you cannot claim the money back from the bank. Its not your money.

Topcashback reclaim their money and then they pay you, unless your trying to scam them by pretending thats not your account and someone else just happened to open an account using your name and your old account number.

Its easy to complain, goto contact on their site.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 29th Nov 17, 10:05 AM
    • 10,518 Posts
    • 4,444 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:05 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:05 AM
    Noob toop word of 2017 winner scam .
    • hieroglyph
    • By hieroglyph 30th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    hieroglyph
    • 30th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    • 30th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    Hang on, I too have issues with TopCashback and do not think the original poster (OP) is a troller.

Numerous purchases have failed to track and I too seem to spend an inordinate amount of time chasing them up through their delaying-to make you give up system. Often legitimate purchases just don't get paid and is always the 'outside of our control' answer. They also offer you a solution where you can accept LESS than you should have done as a way of settling the issue.

I bought a 50 microwave from Wilko and have never received my 2 cashback as both the retailer and TC say is not in their control and to speak to the other party.

ALSO - many of those Confused.com, earn xx.xx to submit your Pet or Home or Car insurance details for a quote get DECLINED several weeks after you have been awarded the money and again TC say is not in their control and the retailer has a right to just decline without reason.

Also - I have 4 referrals I have never received money for even though the party's involved have met the criteria and again TC just say they have not met the required criteria!

If I had not spent the past couple of years trying to get a mouldy few pounds back that I have rightfully earned, I would not bother with them at all.

Surely a top journalist should do a full investigation to this sharp practice?
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 30th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    • 2,021 Posts
    • 7,487 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 30th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    • 30th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    Hang on, I too have issues with TopCashback and do not think the original poster (OP) is a troller.

Numerous purchases have failed to track and I too seem to spend an inordinate amount of time chasing them up through their delaying-to make you give up system. Often legitimate purchases just don't get paid and is always the 'outside of our control' answer. They also offer you a solution where you can accept LESS than you should have done as a way of settling the issue.

I bought a 50 microwave from Wilko and have never received my 2 cashback as both the retailer and TC say is not in their control and to speak to the other party.

ALSO - many of those Confused.com, earn xx.xx to submit your Pet or Home or Car insurance details for a quote get DECLINED several weeks after you have been awarded the money and again TC say is not in their control and the retailer has a right to just decline without reason.

Also - I have 4 referrals I have never received money for even though the party's involved have met the criteria and again TC just say they have not met the required criteria!

If I had not spent the past couple of years trying to get a mouldy few pounds back that I have rightfully earned, I would not bother with them at all.

Originally posted by hieroglyph
    I wouldn't say it is a scam, I have earnt over 2000 through TCB & at last count have 9 successful friend referrals.
    Does dim arian 'da fi, ond breuddwydion 'da fi.

Gwlad yr I & Columbia (no Welsh word for Columbia)
    • hightara
    • By hightara 30th Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    hightara
    • 30th Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    • 30th Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    Agree with the other posters......not a scam
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 30th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    • 11,006 Posts
    • 23,630 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Of course it is not a scam.

I have been using them for years.

Yes the odd one will not track and or payout but the majority do.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 30th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 3,415 Posts
    • 4,563 Thanks
    waamo
    Poor customer service isn't a scam. A scam is when you are defrauded out of your own money.

No matter how bad they are topcashback don't steal money from you.
    This space for hire.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 30th Apr 18, 6:43 PM
    • 31,941 Posts
    • 20,121 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Used TCB and Quidco numerous times and its all been fine. No scam from my view.

Looks like the OP has been silenced by TCB or the government after he filed charges with them.
    • hieroglyph
    • By hieroglyph 1st May 18, 8:32 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    hieroglyph
    Let's be clear - because keyboard warriors do not need more than a word to go off on a rant: I did not say was a scam, I said the OP wasn't a Troll for raising their concerns.

I speak from my personal experience and have had nothing but hassles and retracted awards payments since my 3 years with TCB and always with excuses when questioned - this is why I called it sharp practice.
    • SusseXgirl
    • By SusseXgirl 1st May 18, 8:42 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SusseXgirl
    Not a scam
    TCB is not a scam, I have used it countless times, very occasionally something does not register, but they have something in place to look into this for you. I love TCB, its money for nothing!
    • zx81
    • By zx81 1st May 18, 9:35 AM
    • 17,300 Posts
    • 18,411 Thanks
    zx81
    No, but you might get someone from the bottom end, like the Daily Mail or Metro, to cobble something together on it.
    • Mr.Bojangles
    • By Mr.Bojangles 1st May 18, 2:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mr.Bojangles
    I do have a very strong word of warning on TCB & had been using them for some time (all be it odd unaccepted cash back requests etc apart) relatively happily
    Following numerous emails to/fro TCB, with screen shots as back up, (initially they said cookie history etc was the issue with their links) TCB today confirmed that the supplier `CartridgePeople.com` dose have site specific `special offers` that TCB is unable to `link`/track to & get....(see below copy n paste msg from them)
    Therefore the supplier in this instance own direct Selling Price was almost 15% below TCBs link price, so even with the cash back, circa 5%, it was cheaper.
    Now I have subsequently asked TCB to put a statement on their site to make people fully aware that this may be possible with any purchases (ie even with cash back not the cheapest), as clearly TCB lead you to believe they can access the best deals available + the cash back as a further bonus - if not specifically, then by implication
    We have heard back from the merchant regarding this. They have confirmed that they do offer 'Special Prices' on some items on site, but these special prices are a promotion run by them and will not show when you click through from us. This is because the cashback is a bonus for the purchase so the special price is not applied, this is a decision made by the merchant and as this is their own promotion we would not be able to change this.

I hope that this helps, please do not hesitate to ask if you do have any further queries.
    What infuriates most, to date, is a) TCB blamed my pc for not being able to access the best price via them (clearly not the case, as has been proven) + b) The soooooo slow time it has taken TCB to get their people to look into this & get an understanding from the Merchant - thank god it was just printer cartridges, not some super duper time limited deal - else I would have missed it all together if I had held off for their resolution

I`m awaiting their response to my suggested site wide warning they should have on their site - watch this space, but I'm guessing I know the answer already - watch this space
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 2nd May 18, 8:51 AM
    • 1,387 Posts
    • 864 Thanks
    grayme-m
    TCB is not a scam, I have used it countless times, very occasionally something does not register, but they have something in place to look into this for you. I love TCB, it's money for nothing!
    Originally posted by SusseXgirl
    <snip>We have heard back from the merchant regarding this. They have confirmed that they do offer 'Special Prices' on some items on site, but these special prices are a promotion run by them and will not show when you click through from us. This is because the cashback is a bonus for the purchase so the special price is not applied, this is a decision made by the merchant and as this is their own promotion we would not be able to change this.

I hope that this helps, please do not hesitate to ask if you do have any further queries.<snip>
    Originally posted by Mr.Bojangles
    I try always to ask, 'where is the money?' in any 'free' service. Businesses exist to get money one way or another.

If the purchase is relatively large, it is worthwhile comparing going direct versus anything else, such as a cashback or a price comparison site.

Sometimes the cost of those kickbacks to those sites is built into the price and it's the same if you go direct, but in others (as I found with Swinton car insurance), the Topcashback route price can be higher to the value of the cashback itself.

It's not a scam (or any such terminology), it's business.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 2nd May 18, 8:55 AM
    • 5,015 Posts
    • 11,400 Thanks
    Money maker
    The idea is not to buy because of the cashback. Find the best price from the best company and if you can go through TCB all well and good. If you get a few extra pennies then you're winning, if not then you know you've bought at the best price anyway. Why do people make it so difficult?
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • tonycottee
    • By tonycottee 7th May 18, 1:55 PM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 2,083 Thanks
    tonycottee
    Let's be clear - because keyboard warriors do not need more than a word to go off on a rant: I did not say was a scam, I said the OP wasn't a Troll for raising their concerns.

I speak from my personal experience and have had nothing but hassles and retracted awards payments since my 3 years with TCB and always with excuses when questioned - this is why I called it sharp practice.
    Why have you used them for so long? 3 years is a long time to stick with a company that causes you hassle.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,521Posts Today

8,555Users online

Martin's Twitter