Room for a little one?

Options

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Christmas seems to be getting closer and closer. Can you believe it's December tomorrow?

I am finally getting somewhere with Christmas presents. I've used vouchers where I can and cashback sites too. Hopefully I'll have a nice figure in my TCB in January. I've got enough to cash out on one of my survey sites so I plan to do that over the weekend. I've been taking Lov3 2 Sh0p vouchers and using them for presents.

We are currently in the middle of remortgaging (better rate) and that will help our finances a little as the monthly payment will come down a lot.We will use the difference to pay off our debt then over pay our mortgage. I have emailed the broker today as it's all gone a bit quiet :think:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • starnac
    Options
    We have finally got our re-mortgage offer through so just waiting on the technicalites of it all. Honestly, this has seemed more dragged out than actually buying a house! It will be worth it in the end though. (repeats to self several times a day)

I am pretty much done with christmas now. All wrapped except for the two in DH's car. I do need to take some socks back as I bought the wrong size! Hopefully I can do that tomorrow, otherwise tough! Lol!

Most of my cashback in TCB is showing as payable now. I think I will wait for it all to become payable before cashing out. I think I'm going to put it towards spending money for our holiday. Our apartment has a kitchen so I'm hoping to keep spends down if we can find a reasonable supermarket type thing.

Kids have one more day in school then we are ready for the fat man in a red suit.

Are you all ready?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Hi starnac, we've just had our remortgage through this week too - even though we applied for it in October. These things do seem to drag on and on and on so its not just you.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I had an email from TCB reminding me to cash out this morning - apparently they owe me £2.77 :rotfl:

Nearly ready here, finished work today til the 4th :j :j just got a few laat bits to get for Mr Cheery then I'm done :j
  • starnac
    Options
    Hi starnac, we've just had our remortgage through this week too - even though we applied for it in October. These things do seem to drag on and on and on so its not just you.

That does make me feel better. Thank you. I think I'm just impatient more so this time as it'll reduce our monthly payments by a lot.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    Options
    I had an email from TCB reminding me to cash out this morning - apparently they owe me £2.77 :rotfl:

Nearly ready here, finished work today til the 4th :j :j just got a few laat bits to get for Mr Cheery then I'm done :j

Ooh don't spend it all at once will you?:rotfl: I have just over £50 when the last bits track so I'm waiting for that before cashing out.

Kids finish today and I can't wait! I've really missed having them home this week to watch Christmassy films, make paper chains and bake cakes etc.

I do have to go into town today to print off some pictures for grandparents. We actually had proper photos done!:eek: They are amazing actually. The photographer was brilliant. I hate having my photo taken but she really eased my nerves.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    Well I am back again. I've been around these boards for a number of years and have made some good friends here.

I've been thinking of coming back for a while but didn't feel right as I no longer had any debt (bar our mortgage), however as of yesterday we are back in our overdraft.

My step dad has recently had a terminal diagnosis and so I have just paid for a family holiday just after Christmas. We had money saved but this has cost more than we had saved as his medical needs has pushed up the price. My sister will be paying towards the cost too so the amount of my overdraft will come down by the end of the week but we will still be about £200 overdrawn.

I know it's ridiculous going into debt for a holiday and that's why I feel guilty. But it's needed. My children need some happy memories with him while he is still well enough. So does my mum.

So here I am! Back in the friendly, welcoming arms of the DFW's.

:A Its not ridiculous to be making life experiences happen whilst you can enjoy your family. I'm so glad that you can.

As you know we've certain similar situations here - and juggling every moment with mindful spends is a hard one, I'm just adjusting my own budgets etc to accommodate life's lemons that have been hurled our way. We'll all get there won't we.

So lovely to see you back. xxxx

Happy new diary my lovely.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • starnac
    Options
    Thank you Pippi. Yes it's hard. I am already bracing myself for next year and all the things it may bring. Not looking forward to it to be fair.

We will get there though. Both of us :kisses3:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    Options
    Eek! So close to Christmas now. I am having a cleaning day. Then I plan to set my Christmas table. I have a few small bits of work to do so hopefully I can get those done then relax and enjoy the next week or so.

I hope you are all ready now and are not rushing around today in the shops
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    edited 2 March 2018 at 12:59PM
    Options
    We've just got back from a few days at the inlaws' and I've spent the evening sorting out budgets for the new year and lists of things we would like to get done in the house.

I worry that next year isn't going to be a good year due to my step-dad's illness and my MIL isn't very well either so at this point it's anyone's guess as to what 2018 will hold.

As such I am determined that we will achieve a lot of things next year. Some are little things like finally hanging the notice board in the dining room etc but others are bigger such as replacing the kitchen cupboard doors. I have made savings goals, spending goals and overpayment goals and I am ready to get going.

I have set a shopping budget which I will keep track of here and I plan on having a frugal-ish January (ish due to our holiday) and a more "proper" frugal February.

So shopping budget set at £200 for our family of 4. I hope to spend less than that but considering we spent £350 this month (and no we didn't go overboard for Christmas) then I think that's a reasonable place to start.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business