“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I've tied in the making of the gifts and cards etc with the activity a day Sort of cheating I guess
    Not at all. That's what children used to do. I remember my Granny helping me to knit scarves and gloves and socks for family Christmas presents. I think we should all get back to doing this. And to receive a card that a child has made is worth more than the most expensive one you could buy.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    MY mum still treasures a Christmas card made by my little boy when he was little.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well today turned into a long day. Finally waiting for my taxi to take me home. Was dark when I came out and dark when I'm going home boo. Totally lost a day.

Managed to watch the F1 though - Brilliant result for the last race of the season. Countdown to March now ;)

No more painting tonight. Shower and fall into the sofa :o

Only spends have been taxi's and a coffee :o Another coffee in a paper cup and not worth the £2!
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Lovely Christmas list wannabe. Glad you have had a relaxing time.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Got home and fell asleep before I even did anything!

Guess that's what good pain relief does to you :o

I'm just having a coffee in the hope I wake up enough to get some jobs done :o x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When I was on the cocodamol they used to make me feel really relaxed and sleepy. Can see why people get addicted to them.

If you don't get the jobs done today, there's always tomorrow.

Take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    When I was on the cocodamol they used to make me feel really relaxed and sleepy. Can see why people get addicted to them.

If you don't get the jobs done today, there's always tomorrow.

Take care xx

Seconded by me :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I have to say I don't even remember getting home :o It must have bee the best 2 hours sleep in months :o

Cocodamol just makes me feel sick :o but I do agree.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe making great Christmas lists is the way to get a good sleep? You are super-organised!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 November 2017 at 12:16AM
    Options
    :rotfl: if only!

Definitely the painkillers. They are wearing off again now.

Still my to do list will be done in the morning now I refuse to move :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback