TSB account opening

Options
I cannot open the tsb account using link as completing the first page of the form I am led to a page where an error has been encountered

The tsb account opening team are not interested

Anyone else have issues

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No, worked fine for me.
  • guyvxt
    guyvxt Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've encountered an error

We're sorry but something has gone wrong and we've had to end your session.
    If you were in the middle of doing something such as applying for a credit card, you'll need to start again from the beginning.

:(

any advice?
  • ProudDad
    Options
    Only suggestion is to try another device or try again later on/tomorrow.
    Proud dad to two little ones who light up every day :)

Live every day like its your last because you never know it might just be!

I do work for a bank however any comments I make are my own and should not be seen as me giving advice or in any connection to my employer.
  • guyvxt
    Options
    ProudDad wrote: »
    Only suggestion is to try another device or try again later on/tomorrow.

I've tried it on my laptop using both Edge and Firefox. Just tried it using internet explorer on my work laptop and still get the same message. I'll try again tomorrow...

The 'checking your details' page loads, the clock ticks around and then it shows the error message.

Natwest are closing my local branch so I may aswell jump and get the switching incentive.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Had this previously with Halifax (TSB are still using IT systems from LBG days at present.)

Like TSB, they also couldn't do anything to progress the application when I called and advised that I could go to branch to apply if I didn't want to run the risk of the same thing happening again.

Check your credit files - you may well find that a search has been recorded. If it has, repeat attempts and failures may start leading to rejections for no fault of your own, so I wouldn't try more than once more online.

This article outlines how you can obtain copies of your credit reports: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/check-free-credit-report
  • guyvxt
    Options
    My credit check thing via Noddle only updates once a month

I've tried again this morning on yet another machine but same error occurring. I think it did this when I tried to switch last year during the incentive too...

No point doing it in branch as I won't get the £130 back
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    guyvxt wrote: »
    My credit check thing via Noddle only updates once a month

I've tried again this morning on yet another machine but same error occurring. I think it did this when I tried to switch last year during the incentive too...

No point doing it in branch as I won't get the £130 back

If you don't have any more important applications to do (0% balance transfer, mortgage or remortgage etc) in the near future, you could try again just before the offer expires. With Halifax mine went through fine when I applied again about two weeks later, so whether something was fixed behind the scenes in the meantime I don't know.
  • gowgowuk
    gowgowuk Posts: 409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,
    I have also the error problem at the last step (but before account being accepted). I tried on different days, different computers (Mac and Windows), Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
    Last chance tomorrow, but I'm not too hopeful...
  • guyvxt
    Options
    Tried it on my iPad yesterday and got the same error.

Just tried again today one last time and used my phone as a personal hotspot to check it wasn't anything to do with my broadband. Still an error.

Oh well, will wait for the next incentive to come along!
  • antonette254
    Options
    I’m getting the same error too. What a pain��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills