TSB account opening

Options

Comments

• xwizarduk
    Options
    hey,
    unfortunately I have had the same problem. I have tried several times, via different browsers, last night and this morning, but all attempts have ended in failure (with an error page being displayed). I hope I have not caused damage to my otherwise very good credit report!
    Come on TSB - sort it out!!! :mad:
  • Print_Screen
    Options
    Yeah I'm getting the same error on whatever device I try from I don't know if TSB have pulled to offer via MSE or are struggling to cope with demand.
    If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom.
  • strawberries1
    Options
    Same here. Error on friday on both Explorer and Chrome and same again on Chrome.
  • Stacyc
    Options
    Hi I switched to TSB for the £130 incentive. I did not understand and switched my direct debits myself. They now say I don't meet the criteria although I do have 2 direct debits set up and my wages paid in. They are not interested and actually not very nice. What do I do?
  • robdogg11
    Options
    I had issues as well. Rang them up and they could see my application but she said it was in an error state. She had to delete it and she then advised to wait 24 hours and then apply using firefox. Worked a treat when I followed her advice on Friday.

I then received an email rejecting my application this morning. I'm now wondering if the multiple time I tried over the last week have had an impact on my credit report.
  • quaybab
    quaybab Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Its your details. When tried with bogus information, it says you've failed the classic plus application but offers you a basic bank account.
    guyvxt wrote: »
    We've encountered an error

We're sorry but something has gone wrong and we've had to end your session.
    If you were in the middle of doing something such as applying for a credit card, you'll need to start again from the beginning.

:(

any advice?
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Stacyc wrote: »
    What do I do?

Find somewhere else to switch, with a nice reward.
  • Rahi_04
    Options
    Got same error message this morning, so I called their switching team. They informed me the deadline has been extended to Friday.
    My profile has been registered and that I should apply again in a couple of days. I also made an appointment with my local branch to apply in person, just in case the online application does not go through.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rahi_04 wrote: »
    Got same error message this morning, so I called their switching team. They informed me the deadline has been extended to Friday.
    My profile has been registered and that I should apply again in a couple of days. I also made an appointment with my local branch to apply in person, just in case the online application does not go through.

If you apply via any other route then you are very unlikely to get the switching bonus.
  • Rahi_04
    Options
    I just spoke to my local branch, 10 minutes ago, and they have assured me that I am eligible for the switching bonus when I apply in branch. My appointment is this Wednesday, let's see if they honour their verbal pledge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure