Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,489Posts
    • 36,793Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1258
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 14th Mar 18, 7:27 AM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 91,441 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Good morning izzeyb its good to have you back I feel like you've been away for months. So glad you've had a lovely time.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

thanks di. Was sorry to read things have not been so good for you, really hope you are on the mend again.

I suspect you may have a wine stash to enjoy and cheer you up
    • gocat
    • By gocat 14th Mar 18, 7:34 AM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    Oh sorry gocat Silly Susie .

Good Morning all.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Wish I was a nanny. I have a 35 year old DD who's been married for 10 years and just keeps saying "soon" when I hint at any babies. And a 31 year old DS who had a lovely GF for about 7 years and I thought they would go on to have babies but have split up now
    At least I have baby nephew

Morning all
    • gocat
    • By gocat 14th Mar 18, 7:41 AM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    Morning

Mini cans still showing as ending today but can't see any good comparisons.

Also ending Alpro (1.59/1.39 each) or 4 for 4.00.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-752854_2604769.html

The Almond Original (1.59) should compare to Tesco v 1.00 so would work out at 31p each.
    The Alpro Oat (1.39) would work out 51p each.

All 4 Alpro should compare to Waities 3 for 3.00 offer (51p/31p each) but would need to buy 12 to match their offer (max 10 of one kind)

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Morning Izzey
    So we buy the alpro's in 4's ?
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th Mar 18, 7:42 AM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 37,997 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    thanks di. Was sorry to read things have not been so good for you, really hope you are on the mend again.

I suspect you may have a wine stash to enjoy and cheer you up
    I haven't been able to get there myself which is possibly a good thing but my elite friends have stocked me up. Back at the hospital tomorrow an there is an As nearby so may try a red wine shop using my apgs.
    Wish I was a nanny. I have a 35 year old DD who's been married for 10 years and just keeps saying "soon" when I hint at any babies. And a 31 year old DS who had a lovely GF for about 7 years and I thought they would go on to have babies but have split up now
    At least I have baby nephew

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    Congratulations go cat I'm chuffed for you.

Sarahskint thanks forvthe no17, foundation, fake tan and a contour kit for 6.23 nice start to dd Easter present along with some micellar water
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11lb
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 14th Mar 18, 7:48 AM
    • 16,720 Posts
    • 281,729 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Thank you Tweets, it was a very dark place for a long time. He suffered a shearing of the brain, big bleeds, broken neck, arm, leg, punctured lung. Life support for 5 weeks. Pneumonia, sepsis followed. Told to prepare for the worst. But I never gave up, every day at Southmead hospital. 5 months in hospital and brain rehabilitation unit in Bristol. He has traumatic brain injury but he is home now, walking, talking learning to ride a bicycle again. He is only 24, Lost most of his memory but by God he makes us laugh now. So proud of how far he has come on. I do try to keep up with the thread as much as I can. It's lovely to have this thread x
    Originally posted by coreysnan
    Thats my local hospital. Their neuro team is the best So glad to hear that he's on the mend. I hope that his recovery is swift and full

morning all - cheap make up on boots!!

342 and half price no.17 - your welcome

2 DD's will be over the moon xx

watch out if picking nail varnishes as not all work and you need 3 of the same item for it to be the cheapest x
    Originally posted by sarahskint

Ooooooooooh
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 14th Mar 18, 7:58 AM
    • 5,522 Posts
    • 72,470 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    (((x))) coreysnan
    Hope you have a good day Di x
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Mar 18, 8:00 AM
    • 3,929 Posts
    • 54,370 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Coreysnan What an emotional time for you I wish your son a full recovery

Izzeyb Nice to have you back Glad you had a wonderful time
    Retired
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Mar 18, 8:05 AM
    • 3,929 Posts
    • 54,370 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Does anyone here have much to do with the new GDPR I am looking into it for DS. I cant get my head round anything else which was out of my line of work and even got his not quite basic spreadsheets fixed

Have looked on the usual websites ICO, Acas, and Gov UK and wonder if there is anything else in basic language Tia
    Retired
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Mar 18, 8:08 AM
    • 19,490 Posts
    • 209,733 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, a bit cooler here.

Coreysnan, you and he have had a hard time of it, hopefully things will do nothing but improve for you both soon, there is nothing like being at home where you are loved and where all the memories are for recovering from something like that. None of us really know what you have been through, but we do know how far you have come, and that you deserve a lot of joy.

Don't forget this thread is here for people, I know it has helped me through some rough times, you can say what you want on here without fear of judgement, we are all friends but a lot of us are total strangers and nothing gets back to your real life friends and family.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 18, 8:10 AM
    • 34,903 Posts
    • 483,861 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning lovely peoples

Have a galloping great hump day

On a sadder note, RIP Stephen Hawking, the World has lost a brilliant mind - and more
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    So very sad to hear this. Apart from his colossal contribution to science, he was.a very brave man

I'm off work for 3 days. I'm doing house maintenance

The thing is, there's stuff that needs doing, and if you leave it, it just gets worse. ......which is not very

So we've put some time aside to get some jobs done which will free up time in the summer.

Today we are tackling the drive which has fared badly over the Winter

It's a long gravel drive which has been churned up with the snow and cars trying to move around. It has become bare in places with weeds poking through.
    I reckon it will take most of the morning. Then there's garage and stable doors to clean and fascias and soffits to wash down. I'm hoping we can get away without painting them this year.

I like keeping the place looking nice

As a reward I might go wine shopping this afternoon

Frixxy worked both M and W from yesterday teatime
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 18, 8:12 AM
    • 34,903 Posts
    • 483,861 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning all

Does anyone here have much to do with the new GDPR I am looking into it for DS. I cant get my head round anything else which was out of my line of work and even got his not quite basic spreadsheets fixed

Have looked on the usual websites ICO, Acas, and Gov UK and wonder if there is anything else in basic language Tia
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    GDPR....yes it's going to be massive for most companies mrsmac covering both customer records and emplloyee data. All I know is that we all have to be up to speed for mid May and our company are rolling out training soon. Sorry I'm not much more help
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 18, 8:14 AM
    • 34,903 Posts
    • 483,861 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    morning all - cheap make up on boots!!

342 and half price no.17 - your welcome

2 DD's will be over the moon xx

watch out if picking nail varnishes as not all work and you need 3 of the same item for it to be the cheapest x
    Originally posted by sarahskint

Thank you sarah

Morning

Mini cans still showing as ending today but can't see any good comparisons.

Also ending Alpro (1.59/1.39 each) or 4 for 4.00.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-752854_2604769.html

The Almond Original (1.59) should compare to Tesco v 1.00 so would work out at 31p each.
    The Alpro Oat (1.39) would work out 51p each.

All 4 Alpro should compare to Waities 3 for 3.00 offer (51p/31p each) but would need to buy 12 to match their offer (max 10 of one kind)

But my vegans have gone home now

Thank you izzey
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Mar 18, 8:24 AM
    • 29,430 Posts
    • 425,841 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-9lb
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 14th Mar 18, 8:25 AM
    • 4,298 Posts
    • 93,173 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    You watching Shetland Mrsmac, westie
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Binge watched up to last week. Definitely search out the 3 previous series if you enjoy it.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Mar 18, 8:29 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Mar 18, 8:30 AM
    • 16,103 Posts
    • 193,917 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Sarahskint thanks forvthe no17, foundation, fake tan and a contour kit for 6.23 nice start to dd Easter present along with some micellar water
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I have a purchase of n17.... and popped micellar on my favourite list...thanks x

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Mar 18, 8:31 AM
    • 19,490 Posts
    • 209,733 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Thank you sarah

But my vegans have gone home now

Thank you izzey
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    But they will be back, and sometimes they have quite long dates on them ..........
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Enormo
    • By Enormo 14th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Enormo
    GDPR for MRSMAC
    Good morning all

Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Google "Computer Weekly GDPR" - that returns various articles that are reliable but not too techy.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 14th Mar 18, 8:35 AM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 30,175 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Thank you Tweets, it was a very dark place for a long time. He suffered a shearing of the brain, big bleeds, broken neck, arm, leg, punctured lung. Life support for 5 weeks. Pneumonia, sepsis followed. Told to prepare for the worst. But I never gave up, every day at Southmead hospital. 5 months in hospital and brain rehabilitation unit in Bristol. He has traumatic brain injury but he is home now, walking, talking learning to ride a bicycle again. He is only 24, Lost most of his memory but by God he makes us laugh now. So proud of how far he has come on. I do try to keep up with the thread as much as I can. It's lovely to have this thread x
    Originally posted by coreysnan
    gosh what a journey you have had, your family must be made of strong stuff but so pleased things are now on the up x
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Mar 18, 8:44 AM
    • 12,903 Posts
    • 145,849 Thanks
    Anon
    Cheers Anon.
    I was looking on HUKD as knew I had seen a data deal.
    Got voted cold, but seems like thats because it was a couple of quid cheaper 2 years ago.

Three data sim - Pre loaded with 24gb data - 24 month expiry 43.43 @ amazon
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/three-data-sim-pre-loaded-with-24gb-data-24-month-expiry-4343-amazon-2908289

Dunno if its any good or not, apparently you can get it on ebay too.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thank you, I really need to get a sim deal sorted - I closed my EE after getting the 7gb/4.50 per month deal last year and nothing comparable has come up .

I may have to go for Three 4gb - after cashback that works out around 5 for reasonable data. I spent years getting my contracts free with Cashback so am loathe to pay, but times have changed and there aren't the same deals any more, particularly when you want mobile data.

Note to all - don't have home bb and mobile contracts ending at the same time, it is far too stressful!

And to just add to the misery, I found receipts I hadn't uploaded to CoS from purchases last week and it is now too late.

My Elite badge is in the post back to the membership department .

Anon
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,103Users online

Martin's Twitter