3 - warnings about running out of data

Hello,
Apologies if this has been asked before - it's quite hard to run a search on '3'!

I've been with 3 for a few years now, I currently get 1GB of data per month. Some months I get a warning text saying I'm about to run out of data, but then I check the app and I've got (e.g.) 324MB left which can last me two weeks easily. Then, occasionally, I suddenly get told I've used up all the data for the month.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Cheers

Comments

• We have set a zero overspend on Three (user configurable in My3) and every month receive a text saying we are near our limit, that’s with unlimited mins/texts and 30GB of data, mostly the data is hardly used when the messages arrive.

I think they have poor software...
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    To be fair to 3 i have not had that problem.

I did use all my data up a few months ago and did get the message you are running low but i took no notice and they stopped my data when i got to my limit so i had to wait a week for my new allowance to start.
    The funny thing was i never run out before and it turned out to be the speed test app on my phone i had used nearly 2gb of data:mad: i did use it a lot that month kept doing it over and over again i couldn't believe i was getting over 130mb download 55mb upload in my doctors so i was using it all over the place to see what average speed i was getting turned out to be about 35mb D/L which is fine for me.
    So now i have just got a new update deal from 4GB a month to 8GB for an extra £1 a month so now i have no chance of running out of data. :)
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    garfield33 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Some months I get a warning text saying I'm about to run out of data, but then I check the app and I've got (e.g.) 324MB left which can last me two weeks easily. Then, occasionally, I suddenly get told I've used up all the data for the month.

Used to happen to me too till I upgraded to more data - they always used to send it in the middle of the night!!!
  • J_B wrote: »
    Used to happen to me too till I upgraded to more data - they always used to send it in the middle of the night!!!

Set “do not disturb” on your phone, stops those annoying text messages waking you up. On an iPhone it can be scheduled to apply automatically, not sure about other brands.
  • We have set a zero overspend on Three (user configurable in My3) and every month receive a text saying we are near our limit, that’s with unlimited mins/texts and 30GB of data, mostly the data is hardly used when the messages arrive.

I think they have poor software...

I have the overspend 'block' set up for my data only plan as it is all well and good them sending texts when you are getting near the limit for data but my (all?) ipad doesn't receive them
  • anniebea
    anniebea Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    garfield33 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Apologies if this has been asked before - it's quite hard to run a search on '3'!

I've been with 3 for a few years now, I currently get 1GB of data per month. Some months I get a warning text saying I'm about to run out of data, but then I check the app and I've got (e.g.) 324MB left which can last me two weeks easily. Then, occasionally, I suddenly get told I've used up all the data for the month.

Cheers

I have noticed this recently, mostly I use my phone connected to the internet so rarely get to the data limit. However recently I have made a number of trips where I cant access the internet and each time I get the messages that I'm near my data limit. I have also got a warning to say I have reached my limit which clearly wasn't correct as I was still able to access the internet, mail etc.

This week I got two warnings, when I checked my usage on line I still had over 350mb left. 3 support say that the warnings go out at 80% and 100% which is clearly not the case.

I hope its not a subtle marketing exercise to scare customers in to thinking they are near their limit and get them to buy add ons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure