Left High & Dry by BT

Options
I have resently moved house, but within the same village, in fact the new house uses the same BT Cabinate. At the old address I had superfast broadband service with around 30MB for about year and half, which was with Plusnet. I move about 200 yards around the corner from this address suing the same service provider, expecting to get the same service. :o

NO.:(

BT has only put the minimum number of potential superfast connection in this box and they are all used up. In fact there is a waiting list. A list that only BT has and no one less can see. So we don't know how long this list is, and or how long BT will take to expand the number of superfast broadband connections.:mad:

So in the mean time those online services I have paid for upfront or on standing order will have to be swollowed and or counselled and stop. I will loose money and esential service, just because I want to move house in and area I thought already had superfast broadband.

Not that would of stop me buying the house, but if I was running a business from home I might of!!!!!:cool:

I've wrighten to my local MP but no answer as yet. Where is the politician when you need one! after all our government has paid this company alot of money to bring superfast broadband to our homes!:p

Comments

• boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If Plusnet have moved you from fibre to adsl then surely you can get a cheaper price. If they cannot provide the same service you had, can you not leave and move to another provider?
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    For such a short distance, I would have expected them to simply shift your existing service. From what you describe, it was ceased and then allocated to someone on the waiting list.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure