Faulty Samsung S7 and three - Warranty advice

Options
Hi all!

18 months ago I entered into a contract with Three to provide me with mobile phone service and a new Samsung Galaxy S7. Fast forward to last week, when a small purple spot appeared on the face of the phone, spreading over 24 hours to obscure the whole screen. After some faff (customer services fails deleted for brevity), it eventually made its way to Samsung's third party warranty people who, today, tell me that the fault was a result of "overpressure", no further details available, and this is warranty voiding damage. Apparently the engineer took no photographs, despite this being common practice. I've never dropped the phone, which was in a case and screen protector from new, and it was in mint condition without scratches or marks as a result. I've spoken to actual Samsung, who, aside from saying there's nothing they can do, said I could probably have a call back from their customer service manager in 3-5 working days (!). This leaves me paying quite a bit of money for a phone I can't use.

I guess my questions are what options I have to pursue Three or Samsung to address this. Can I, for example, use the requirement under CRA 2015 that a product be reasonably durable here? Any advice on the best option much appreciated!

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    Options
    You're not paying for the phone. You are paying for a probably expensive airtime contract. The warranty is an entirely separate issue.
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You're not paying for the phone. You are paying for a probably expensive airtime contract. The warranty is an entirely separate issue.

This x 2. The phone is not the contract.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Samsung's warranty is limited and basically damage invalidates it .

You now need to prove your claim of CRA 2015 .
    <a product be reasonably durable here >
    That would be against the vendor via a independent engineers report .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure