Advice needed please re cancellation charges

Options

Comments

• leylandsunaddict
    Options
    ip2000 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, I've just tried to book the holiday using my daughter's d.o b and it goes right through to payment page.

Strange. I tried it before I posted and it wouldn't. Maybe it will let you if the person in question turns 18 before travel?
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just done a dummy booking, and if you enter a DOB that means they are not 18 on the day of travel then it doesn't allow the booking to go through.....
  • ip2000
    ip2000 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    They ARE 18 at the time of travel, 17 now.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

In any event, they are 17 now and so the contract now is not enforceable (indeed in legal terms is invalid).
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Yes perhaps some people like the mods on here should make this information more widely known and ask the company for their thoughts.

I still stay that Trading standards should be told and the company will not be able to enforce the booking (contract).
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I realise that, what I'm saying is it won't allow the booking to go through if they were 17 on the date of travel. So it seems that as long as they are 18 when they travel the booking is allowed?

In all honesty, if the correct airport had been booked I doubt you would still be kicking up a fuss over there age so I guess it's a way to try and get out of the booking.....
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. I'm going to ring first thing and go with the fact they are not 18.

How did it go when you called them. All the evidence does suggest they should be able to get out of the contract
  • ip2000
    Options
    CM66 wrote: »
    In all honesty, if the correct airport had been booked I doubt you would still be kicking up a fuss over there age so I guess it's a way to try and get out of the booking.....

That's what I said on a previous post CM66:

"The only thing I think we may have on our side is they do state the booking should be made by persons of 18 years......she is 17?"
    I wouldn't be annoyed if it was the correct airport......
  • ip2000
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    How did it go when you called them. All the evidence does suggest they should be able to get out of the contract
    Was on hold forever this a.m, had to go to work, back home now and back on hold, will keep you informed....
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    That's what I said on a previous post CM66:

"The only thing I think we may have on our side is they do state the booking should be made by persons of 18 years......she is 17?"
    I wouldn't be annoyed if it was the correct airport......

So you wouldn't be trying to argue the contract is unenforceable if it was for the correct airport?

I trust they won't be rebooking the holiday?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure