but not from Sky and TalkTalk
Not checked with Vodafone.

Why would this be the case?

Comments

• lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Rarely, Sky and Talktalk may not have their own equipment in the head end exchange (or have spare capacity on one of their fibre links) to transfer the data from the Openreach kit, to their network.

Have you checked Sky and TalkTalk’s website? If not, what is your source of the information?
  • harshitguptaiitr
    Options
    I have checked website of all these providers individually.
    Fibre Broadband is available from BT, EE, Virgin Media and PlusNet, as per their website but not from Sky and TalkTalk
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have checked website of all these providers individually.
    Fibre Broadband is available from BT, EE, Virgin Media and PlusNet, as per their website but not from Sky and TalkTalk
    Some comparison sites say that we can receive fibre from some companies, but we cannot, our estate being surrounded by fibre enabled properties, including estate houses facing outwards from it.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VM are a totally separate service to the others who use BT Openreach infrastructure .
    If they don't supply your address then you cannot use them .But it would be unusual for both of those not to supply .
    Check your exchange via www .samknows
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Exchange is irrelevant for FTTC as all of the fibres collate at the headend exchange, which more than likely is not the same exchange your telephone line is supplies from.

To answer your own question, it’s up to Sky and TalkTalk to ensure they can supply you. The Openreach network is there, they just need to have their kit (or add more capacity) connected to the Openreach network.

BT, EE and Plusnet all use BT Wholesale for their backhaul, who obviously have their kit ready and connected via the L2S (layer 2 switch) in the headend exchange.
  • harshitguptaiitr
    Options
    It is very strange.

I entered my post-code and address in https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre and received
    Great news, Superfast fibre is in your area

I have written to Sky - they have excellent opportunity to grow their business with minimal cost. Let's see.

I hope they will give me some business development reward :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport