Wizz air flight movement

Options
Hello

My scenario is that Wizz air sent an email a couple of months ago saying fight times had moved so significantly that they were offering rebook flight, or cancel the flight with full refund or 120% credit options.

I've sat on this email and noticed last week that the flight costs for the new flight times are now a third of what I paid.

I therefore tried to cancel the first flight using the reschedule email from two months ago and then rebooked the same flight.

I also contacted Wizz Air last week to advise what I'd done.

They initially responded with some vanilla reply but now have gone quiet and no refund and two confirmed bookings still showing on my account.

I fly in a few days.

Any advice please?

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I paid for the original flight on a NW Visa card if that's to my advantage?
  • ddpumba
    ddpumba Posts: 1 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2017 at 12:16PM
    Options
    I have no advice but I just want to let you know it happened to me too. Yesterday.
    I had an email from Wizz air about changing my outbound flight for a different time on the same day.
    Obviously, all the other options than accepting are far more expensive.
    Basically, they do what they want, you cannot do anything.
    Doesn't matter if you have got parking booked or other bookings in place related to your flight already.
    On top of all, Wizz put the prices up in the sky for school holiday times.
    You can fly in Romania, for instance, according to their timetable for as little as 11 to 25 pounds during terms and for 200 pounds as soon as Christmas holiday starts.
    Let's say is Christmas, but in March next year prices are 29 pounds and as soon as half term starts the prices are more than double 76 to 86 pounds.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I therefore tried to cancel the first flight using the reschedule email

Your wording suggests that you have reason to think you were unsuccesful? Did you not get a confirmation of the cancellation?
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Your wording suggests that you have reason to think you were unsuccesful? Did you not get a confirmation of the cancellation?

Received the onscreen message:

Confirmation code: xxxxxx
    Thank you. We will process your request in a couple of working days and an email will be sent once it is completed. We are doing our best to minimize your waiting time.

But never received this email. Indeed their IT is that poor its possible to use the link on the email to cancel again and again and again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure