Added phone charge

sjh101
sjh101 Posts: 173 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hello

I have recently been charged £2.50 by EE which apparently is listed as c bounce games apigee. I am familiar with how click bait and scamming works and I'm ultra cautious when it comes to these sorts of things.

Anyway I rang EE and they knew exactly what I was talking about and even provided me with details on how to contact them. I am obviously not happy that £2.50 has been taken from my account unsuspectingly. I have never ever signed up to anything so I'm totally baffled as to how this company has been able to charged me.

I asked EE for a refund and they said they can only do that on the third party companies they can claim back against and unfortunately this is not one of them so couldn't refund me. They did give me the number and email of the third party company, along with the name of the people to call if I don't get the refund. I forget the name of them of the top of my head though. They also put a block on things like this happening again.

I know this seems petty for the sake of £2.50, and it's not really about the money. I decided to do a bit more research into this and a few people on the forums suggested that EE are affiliated with these third party companies and actually pass on people's information, in which they get a percentage of the charge. Im not sure how true this actually is, which is why I wanted to ask on here if anyone else had any similar situations. If it is that they are affiliated then I will be straight back on to them. It just seems quite convenient that they knew exactly what I was talking about and have all the details of the company ready to send to me.

Please advise

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Send STOP to the mobile shortcode to end the subscription OR contact the premium rate service provider and tell them to end the subscription. Consumer protection regulations in place since 13 June 2014 require them to have an 01, 02, 03 or 080 number for this purpose.

Contact the premium rate service provider and demand a refund of the premium changes. Consumer protection regulations in place since 13 June 2014 require them to have an 01, 02, 03 or 080 number for this purpose.

Complain to the Phone-paid Services Authority but note that they will take action only when a sufficient number of complaints have been received. Every complaint sent helps them build a solid case.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Unlike Ofcom, the PSA claims to assist with individuals'' complaints, though I suspect enforcement action to be restricted to cases with a larger number of complainants.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure