IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help! Got Lidl ticket after holiday

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 21 September 2017 at 3:52PM
    Options
    Hopefully you didn't appeal to lidl, but complained!

Keep on at them to deal with your complaint and cancel for you.

Did you send in a late appeal to Athena,? You will have read in the newbies FAQ that appeals to IPC companies is futile.

So now wait and see if they take legal action against you.

If you do get Court correspondence then come back for advice on how to defend a court claim at that time
  • oksunnyman
    Options
    Yes, I did send in appeal to Athena and complaint to Lidl according to suggestions. What shall I do now, provide details to lidl?
  • Quentin
    Options
    Keep up your Lidl complaint.

Otherwise ignore debt collectors and sit back and wait.

They have 6 years to start legal action
  • oksunnyman
    Options
    Do I need to give the detail to Lidl? If not, how to ask them to deal with my complaint rather than appeal? any suggestions will be much appreciated!
  • Quentin
    Options
    You are complaining to lidl that s genuine customer is being ,harassed by their appointed car park management.

They aren't appointed to alienate genuine loyal customers!!

(Their letter seems to suggest that they think you appealed to them when you were complaining about the trouble you were being put to over your shopping trip to the store.)

Ask them to instruct the PPC to cancel and stop harassing their customer

Send them the bank statement showing you were there shopping on the day in question
  • oksunnyman
    Options
    Please see my previous complaint to Lidl, what shall I say after this reply:

Good afternoon Mr Christian Härtnagel,

As the Registered Keeper, I can confirm that I was not the driver of the vehicle on this occasion and the driver will not be identified. Various members of my family & friends use this car and park at Lidl regularly. The ability to park easily is one of the reasons we use this and another Lidl store nearby.

Although no receipts have been kept since it happened more than a month ago, I have enclosed a August bank statement which clearly showing we are loyal customers of Lidl and on that particular date, 12/08/2017 there was a transaction from the Lidl!

Following receipt of the PCN, I have investigated the issue of Athena ANPR Ltd issuing PCNs on behalf of Lidl further and found many complaints by legitimate Lidl customers who have also received PCNs similar to myself have been recorded.

As a customer who has been using Lidl personally for a long time, I do feel that as paying customers we are being punished for taking time shopping and spending money at your store. My family and I are unhappy with this situation and will certainly reconsider visiting your stores in the future if this PCN is not cancelled.

A mere 16 minutes over the allocated parking time does not justify the excessive parking charge of £90.

I will also be contacting Athena directly, however I would appreciate acknowledgement of receipt of this request and confirmation that you will support a loyal family of Lidl customers by cancelling this PCN in due course.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Say yes:

Please appeal on my behalf, because if Lidl think Athena cancel when mere customers appeal without your back-up, then Lidl have been lied to. You really need to realise what is happening to your customers and you cannot suggest they appeal direct, because they will be rejected. Your chosen operator doesn't even offer POPLA so there is no fair independent appeal open to anyone whatsoever.

Does Lidl care? Or have you believed what Athena told you about their 'IAS' appeal stage, which if you care to Google it and the words 'kangaroo court' you might learn something about the conduct of this agent. If Lidl cares at all, stop telling customers to 'appeal' pointlessly themselves.

Kindly let me know when Lidl has acted to appeal, and cancel, this harassment.

The details of the PCN are:

xxxxxx
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Options
    Why not comply with their request and give them the reg number,??

No need to tell them you intend dealing with Athena.

You want Lidl to deal with this by getting it cancelled!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you are going to agree to them appealing on your behalf, ask them to provide you with a copy of the appeal they are submitting for you.

If you wish, quote them that they need to copy you in to comply with the Data Protection Act (whether they have or not, I've no idea - nor do they I suspect, but it's a bit like quoting Elf 'n' Safety, people who don't know daren't take the chance!).

A copy of their appeal will be very interesting!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • oksunnyman
    Options
    Email sent, will update when they come back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure