BT broadband signed up 25 jun 2017

Options
Hi I signed up with BT broadband using the money saving expert site link I thought I was going to be paying my line rental up front and added on extras for the sport on the TV (half price £3.50) as well as a mobile sim (£5) I had already had fibre at the premises I live at granted it was a couple of years ago I received a bill last month which included a charge for the engineer coming out (£50) and a couple of calls which came to £56 this month I received a bill for £47 on contacting BT they transferred me to customer services where a Charming (not) woman call Laura proceeded to read me the riot act turns out I hadn't paid up front they charged me £118.99 for activation of Fibre and call out of engineer and are charging me 36.99 for my fibre and line rental continuing to talk all over me (to be fair she waited patiently while I was trying to go through all the emails BT sent me on 25 th June)
as I'm trying to understand how 330 a year for line rental and fibre becomes £630 (50 quid average bill {so far} x 12 plus 120 minus 75 cashback card) she continued to talk all over me and even after I asked to talk to someone else became belligerent "why did I want to talk to someone else who is going to tell me exactly the same thing" continued to talk over me instead of actually listening to what I was trying to say I ended up walking away has anyone else had a similar experience and anyone got any advice to get the deal I was supposed to be getting? anyway of going back to the 25th June and stopping me? or is there anyway of seeing the deal on that day?

many thanks

Andrew

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Post is very confusing .
    What does stopping you mean ??

What are your bills showing in your members area regarding services .
    Compare that with the details BT sent you when you signed up .

Did you actually pay advanced line rental .
  • Andrew72P
    Options
    stopping me from signing up they have charged me 2 times for the engineer and they didn't take my payment for line rental
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 September 2017 at 9:03PM
    Options
    Try registering and posting on the BT Comunity Forum
    https://community.bt.com/
    You may want to be a bit more specific as to what the problem is and why you think BT are at fault
    If you thought you had paid for a years line rental in advance you should have noticed that as a debit on whatever payment method you thought you used, but I think you can take LRS anytime you like, so could start that now if you wanted.
    If you last had service from a provider that uses Openreach a 'couple of years ago' then it's possible that you are regarded as requiring a 'new line' as you were not migrating a working line to BT, so charges may have been due on that part of the order
  • Andrew72P
    Options
    main complaint is how 330 jumps to 630 and being charged 2 times for an engineer and the fact that the customer "service" advisor refused to actually listen to what you say
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 September 2017 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Andrew72P wrote: »
    as I'm trying to understand how 330 a year for line rental and fibre becomes £630 (50 quid average bill {so far} x 12 plus 120 minus 75 cashback card)

This months bill was £47, which if they charge you that every month brings the total to 607.95. Getting that back to £330....

The 3.50 + 5.00 adds £102 a year.
    Not paying line rental up front adds ~£20 a year.
    I have no idea where 118.95 comes from, you need to chase that up.

Which leaves £37 difference. Did you make about £3 of calls?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure