Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 4th Aug 17, 4:46 PM
    • 4,850Posts
    • 1,829Thanks
    knightstyle
    Vent, Amazon lockers deliveries.
    • 4th Aug 17, 4:46 PM
    Vent, Amazon lockers deliveries. 4th Aug 17 at 4:46 PM
    So yesterday morning I placed an order and paid for delivery to a locker hoping to get it next day as advertised. But the lockers close at 9PM and all they say is that the delivery to the locker will be before 9PM.
    So if they deliver at 8.59 how do I get there before 9.00 to pick it up?
    Been waiting all day and their tracking just says it is on its way!
Page 1
    • Eric_the_half_a_bee
    • By Eric_the_half_a_bee 4th Aug 17, 4:54 PM
    • 1,142 Posts
    • 5,925 Thanks
    Eric_the_half_a_bee
    • 4th Aug 17, 4:54 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 4:54 PM
    Originally posted by knightstyle
    Go there at 8:55 and stay until it closes?
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 4th Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    • 21,193 Posts
    • 17,008 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 4th Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    Wait by the locker from 20:30 until 21:00.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 4th Aug 17, 8:57 PM
    • 7,875 Posts
    • 14,165 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    • 4th Aug 17, 8:57 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 8:57 PM
    In America, many of the Amazon Lockers are outside.

In the UK, InPost have some of their lockers outside. There is one by a Gulf petrol station 2 miles from me

Do chat to the Amazon staff on the chat service and you may get the delivery charge credited onto your account.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 4th Aug 17, 9:08 PM
    • 11,813 Posts
    • 8,553 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 4th Aug 17, 9:08 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 9:08 PM
    So did you get it then?
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 5th Aug 17, 7:41 AM
    • 469 Posts
    • 537 Thanks
    The-Truth
    • 5th Aug 17, 7:41 AM
    • 5th Aug 17, 7:41 AM
    So yesterday morning I placed an order and paid for delivery to a locker hoping to get it next day as advertised. But the lockers close at 9PM and all they say is that the delivery to the locker will be before 9PM.
    I take it this as others are thinking is a vent of something that hasn't even happened yet? If so then how can you actually vent about it!

Is this a serious question? If so I can really see why some companies ban certain customers.
    • bloss0m
    • By bloss0m 5th Aug 17, 10:01 AM
    • 964 Posts
    • 1,109 Thanks
    bloss0m
    • 5th Aug 17, 10:01 AM
    • 5th Aug 17, 10:01 AM
    Didn't Amazon send you an email to say its arrived in locker along with access code. I used the locker on Wednesday first time for me and it was painless and so easy to use, used one inside Morrisons. You do indeed get a email to say parcel may be delivered until 9pm as I did it, I never had an item delivered at that time usually no later than 6pm and usually well before then
    • photome
    • By photome 5th Aug 17, 10:03 AM
    • 13,514 Posts
    • 9,023 Thanks
    photome
    • 5th Aug 17, 10:03 AM
    • 5th Aug 17, 10:03 AM
    Did you wait at the locker all day or did you go to the locker just before closing and pick up your parcel

please update wether you got it or not
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 5th Aug 17, 12:52 PM
    • 9,166 Posts
    • 6,864 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 5th Aug 17, 12:52 PM
    • 5th Aug 17, 12:52 PM
    I've never found an Amazon delivery to arrive just before the cut-off point they always arrive hours before then eg, an all day delivery will probably arrive before or at lunch-time. IME one of the more painless delivery experiences both at home and to Amazon lockers
    Last edited by pmduk; 05-08-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 5th Aug 17, 1:36 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    In America, many of the Amazon Lockers are outside.

In the UK, InPost have some of their lockers outside. There is one by a Gulf petrol station 2 miles from me

Do chat to the Amazon staff on the chat service and you may get the delivery charge credited onto your account.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    At the time of posting, Amazon still had five hours left to deliver. Why would he get a refund?

The point of using a locker is that you don't have to wait all day. Get on as normal and they'll let you know when your parcel is available.
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 12th Aug 17, 10:47 PM
    • 4,850 Posts
    • 1,829 Thanks
    knightstyle
    Sorry, been awayfor a week which is why I needed the item. Got a text at 19:54 so managed to get to the locker in Morrisons before going away early next day.
    Just always seems that if something is urgent it arrives at the end of the day!
    The tracking was useless, just shows out for delivery all the time!
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 13th Aug 17, 7:04 AM
    • 3,208 Posts
    • 3,328 Thanks
    LadyDee
    Anyone else remember the good old days of mail order when we had to wait for "up to 28 days" for delivery. No last minute, must have it by tomorrow, orders then! :-)

Glad you got your parcel OP.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 13th Aug 17, 7:16 AM
    • 9,584 Posts
    • 14,763 Thanks
    worried jim
    First world problems.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 13th Aug 17, 9:33 AM
    • 4,019 Posts
    • 6,937 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    Sorry, been awayfor a week which is why I needed the item. Got a text at 19:54 so managed to get to the locker in Morrisons before going away early next day.
    You are annoyed that it showed out for delivery when it was actually out for delivery? If you want specific time slots you need to pay extra to use a service like DPD but most other couriers just show that it is on its way. Maybe you should be more annoyed with yourself for leaving something you needed that badly until the last minute.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 13th Aug 17, 9:40 AM
    • 34,087 Posts
    • 28,973 Thanks
    custardy
    unfair? You chose the delivery method!
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 13th Aug 17, 11:04 AM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    You paid for delivery on a certain date. Your item was delivered on said date.

Should this be a praise rather than a vent?
    • George Michael
    • By George Michael 13th Aug 17, 1:09 PM
    • 3,192 Posts
    • 4,282 Thanks
    George Michael
    First world problems.
    Originally posted by worried jim
    Whereas, not being able to get the tickets you want at the Brighton dome is a problem that affects the world population?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5604582&highlight=

If you don't want to read about "first world" problems then there is an extremely simple answer.
    Don't read forums whose users are in the majority, first world residents dealing with problems in a first world country.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 12th Aug 18, 6:27 PM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 396 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    Why do amazon lockers have opening times.

Should they not be 24 hr ?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Aug 18, 6:28 PM
    • 34,087 Posts
    • 28,973 Thanks
    custardy
    Why do amazon lockers have opening times.

Should they not be 24 hr ?
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    Well if they are inside a business premises that isnt open 24/7,how do you expect access to the lockers?
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 13th Aug 18, 8:06 AM
    • 9,166 Posts
    • 6,864 Thanks
    pmduk
    My locker delivery yesterday said until 9pm, but was there at 3.45pm
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,913Posts Today

9,358Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin