Starting over 2017

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope things are on the up & up soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hi Dora

Used to follow you on MFi3 and noticed you have a diary on here.

My only concern with you being a homeowner and quite a few years away from clearing the mortgage is ruining your credit rating and then not being able to remortgage for a better deal in the future.

Obviously if things got really dire then you would have to default on the loans but I think the 3 month mortgage break is a good idea as so much can happen in them 3 months.
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks, I know what you mean about the loans and the mortgage too, If we can stay out of defaulting I'd like to but that needs me to get a job asap and there's nothing around that would start paying quickly. At least I feel like we can breathe a tiny bit in January at least! It won't hurt to have everything set up and to look at the situation more clearly - apart from it feeling awful obviously. What I don't want to do is hide away from it, would rather tackle it head on iyswim.
    We are lightyears away from making any progress on the mortgage whatsoever so that is another whole thread I should start posting!
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Sold a book, already winning today and £6 on a survey site, smashing it onthe last day of the year ��
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Happy new year Dora, I hope 2018 is better for you :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Dorastar
    Options
    NSD day today, arranged appointment to set up new bank account later in week and been through first StepChange process to see what their ideas are. Small steps but important ones.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Dorastar wrote: »
    NSD day today, arranged appointment to set up new bank account later in week and been through first StepChange process to see what their ideas are. Small steps but important ones.

Excellent small steps though I would say big steps :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's a good start Dora.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Proud of myself, rang Stepchange and talked through budget and everything. Can't have a DMP as we don't have enough money coming in to cover outgoings at the moment even if we cut things back to minimum in every area. Only option is to ask for a payment freeze while I job hunt some more...as per every day. Ah well...never mind.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Dorastar wrote: »
    Proud of myself, rang Stepchange and talked through budget and everything. Can't have a DMP as we don't have enough money coming in to cover outgoings at the moment even if we cut things back to minimum in every area. Only option is to ask for a payment freeze while I job hunt some more...as per every day. Ah well...never mind.

It is a start though.
    When you get a job you can go further with the DMP :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback