Mrs S, family life and debt

Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello and thank you!!

Honeysuckle I've done quite a bit of supply in the past, but it's becoming a lot more difficult to do now. My 3 nearest counties only use agencies whereas I used to supply through the council. I'm also sent to schools that are quite a distance away. It's definitely a back up option if I don't find something else to pay the bills until I do. Thank you.

Party is over and gifts all open (it's not his birthday yet, but he'll have so many family ones that we decided he could open the party ones today!). He has had so many nice gifts. I've only been sending him with little gifts, and I now feel I should be buying bigger, better things! How do people afford it??

Ds1 thoroughly enjoyed his party and is completely shattered now. I must admit I've crashed on the sofa with a glass of wine!! Oh, and I'm munching my way through leftover party food.

This week is going to be a completely mad, hectic, crazy one. Ds's actual birthday, 3 different family events and 2 interviews. I'll need to buy a couple of bits/drinks for one of the family events but otherwise it shouldn't be too spends (other than ds's birthday but we've budgeted that). We've completely spoilt him this year, but they're only little once!!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After 20kids I'd need a whole bottle of wine!!!

Good luck with your new dairy, I've subscribed :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Are you going back to teaching until you get another job or just looking until you get something?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Are you going back to teaching until you get another job or just looking until you get something?

I don't actually have a job to go back to. I was on a short term contract which ended a few weeks into my maternity leave. I was lucky to have worked long enough beforehand to get smp. The 39 weeks of smp ends middle of August, so I'm currently just applying for jobs in finance, but if I'm not successful in these interviews I'll have to start applying for anything/supply so that I'm working whilst I find something I'd prefer.
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Good luck with the debt :), I work with children in after school clubs so 20 children and lots of noise and chaos is my norm :p. I've learnt they're quietest with food and wine is definitely a good idea afterwards :D. Glad your DS enjoyed the party :).
  • MrsSave
    Options
    We had a delivery of a playhouse booked for today, which is for my youngest for Christmas. I was hoping it could be delivered without my eldest seeing so that Father Christmas could bring it. Mission accomplished! It turned up just before 7. My eldest woke as the lorry was pulling into our drive so my husband just told him to go back to bed, he'll be up in 2 minutes, and he did! The playhouse is now hiding in the shed until we can take it over to my inlaws house.

The youngest woke at 5:30 for his feed this morning, and didn't go back to sleep until after 6:15. I think I've snoozed for 10 minutes since. I really should get to bed earlier at night to make up for these early mornings!

Today it's going to be a quiet day home, just me and the boys. There's so much on this week, that a chill out day is probably a good idea today. My to-do list for today:
    • Interview prep, lots and lots of it,
    • Phone Sky to try to reduce price,
    • Laundry, towel washing day,
    • Finish sorting the bits wardrobes (they've both gone up a size and I'm half way through sorting both out),

I'm keeping it at that today so that I can get quite a bit of interview work done.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Happy new diary.

Glad the party went well and well done on mission playhouse and getting it sneaked in unnoticed.

Off to subscribe and have a great day.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I'm procrastinating!

I'm sitting in my youngest son's bedroom (he's asleep in our room.....really should get around to moving him!), on the floor and I've printed standard interviews questions off and the answers I've given them for both interviews. Now that I've done that I'm just doing nothing!

I'm trying to decide what I should take with me to the interviews. So far I've thought about taking a spare copy of my cv, a copy of the cover letter I sent with the cv when I applied, my qualification certificates and my statement of achievement for my latest exams to show how I've done. That's it. There's no presentation or anything like that to do so I can't think of anything else.

Though, I have read recently that tick tacks are good. Possibly for when I'm sitting, waiting. It's been so, so long since I've had an interview, and I really want one of the jobs (either would be great, but I do have my heart set on 1 a little more than the other for financial and childcare reasons, but we'd work around those reasons). To say I'm getting nervous is a complete understatement.

Right, I need to get back to doing something!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good luck with the interviews.

I always take a clean copy of my CV when I go just in case they've lost the copy sent to them.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Happy new diary :D
    Looking forward to reading your progress
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport