Need help identifying a stove

Hi,

I need help identifying a stove, I have trawled loads of photos online but haven't come across it yet...

First of all how do I upload a photo, it's asking for a url??

Thanks!

Comments

• Kookygirl
    Kookygirl Posts: 30 Forumite
    Ok I Youtubed it.

• frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,

you can upload it to tinypic,

copy link and click on wee postcard mountain icon when in message box and paste.
  • Kookygirl
    907ejc.jpg
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Try the separate Green Living Forum in the woodburning section: quite a number of knowledgeable people there.

Like me they will point out that the tape across the stove is there for a reason, one possibility the danger of gassing yourself with Carbon Monoxide..
  • Kookygirl
    Thanks, I will check the forum out. The tape is actually just there as a it's a repossession property which is currently vacant with water and electricity switched off. So all the taps and white appliances have the tape on them also. Clearly whoever put tape everywhere didn't know how a wood burning stove operates.
  • Kookygirl
    I managed to get an identification from Rangemoors which is nice of them. It's a Pevex Flatford, part of the Suffolk range. It seems to be quite cheap compared to the one I had installed in my own home (Jotul F100), I believe because its steel construction and not a known brand, but can't find many reviews on Pevex stoves. Anyone have any opinions on them?

I'm almost in two minds as to whether I swap my current stove with the Pevex, they seem to require similar flue sizes.
  • Kookygirl
    Correction, the Suffolk range is cast iron.
  • silverwhistle
    edited 17 July 2017 at 4:58PM
    Well, I've heard of Jotul but not of Pevex, but not sure that's any help! Jotul seem to have a good reputation.

It could be of Chinese cast iron construction, and they can make decent castings but there's a lot of rough stoves around as well. You'll need to speak to someone with a bit of expertise. I'd go for the Jotul if the flue size is ok and it's a known quantity to you.
  • silverwhistle
    I see you found your way to the right place. The other photo showing the crack confirms my advice!!
  • Kookygirl
    Yes indeed! Though ironically nothing to do with the tape! It's probably not as big of an issue as it seems anyway. I sent a small fortune installing a nice stove in my current home and I can never be bothered to use it. At least this broken stove also looks nice as decoration. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure