Furniture Village - Dune Sofa

Options
I'm looking for anyone who has purchased a Dune sofa (the regular one, not the sofa bed).

Ours has just been delivered - it's got quite a saggy bottom :think:. The store say this is normal, but it looks like we've had it for years! Every time you stand up from it the fabric is all bunched up and creased, like there's too much of it in each cushion.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Stop using it .
  • askmeaboutsofas
    Options
    Did you order online or did you see their model in store first? The sofa you ordered should look like the one in the shop / on their website, and the online photos don't look saggy to me! How long since it was delivered to you?
    Well informed on the subjects of sofas and wood furniture, and well opinionated on everything else :rotfl:
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    Did you order online or did you see their model in store first? The sofa you ordered should look like the one in the shop / on their website, and the online photos don't look saggy to me! How long since it was delivered to you?

Delivered a week ago. But it has looked like this from the moment it was first used (and no-one in the house weighs over 10 stone, so they can't say there's too much weight on it)
    I ordered from the store, and nope the one in store didn't look like the one we have at all.

The store have said they'll send a technician. Not holding out too much hope, but we'll see ....
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    it's got quite a saggy bottom :think:. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm in Yorkshire and suffer from this issue - can you send the technician round if he has a fix :rotfl:
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Look and see if they have twitter or facebook accounts. From what other people say online entries on these seem to bring results.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    Look and see if they have twitter or facebook accounts. From what other people say online entries on these seem to bring results.

It seems they don't allow posts on their FB account. (Says a lot, I suppose)

Their Twitter just told me to wait for the technician. Fair enough I suppose, but I asked if they had a complaints department and never got a straight answer.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh well, it usually works, seems they have it tied up for their benefit.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • anniecan
    Options
    Just seen this from last year - I had my Dune sofas delivered yesterday and have the same problem. Seen it referred to as "puddling" OneYorkshireLass;72834660 did you ever get this resolved??

I have emailed, just waiting for a reply - but I am a tad sad ;-(

:(

I'm looking for anyone who has purchased a Dune sofa (the regular one, not the sofa bed).

Ours has just been delivered - it's got quite a saggy bottom :think:. The store say this is normal, but it looks like we've had it for years! Every time you stand up from it the fabric is all bunched up and creased, like there's too much of it in each cushion.
    Does anyone else have this issue?
  • taximania123
    Options
    hi , i have one , been complaining about it since it was 4 weeks old , totally out of shape, cushions have collapsed, no help from the company , i have just sent letter before action so anything you have would be appreciated.
  • taximania123
    Options
    I have got nowhere with complaints , i say its rubbish and they answer by saying we are so pleased you like it, customer service either ignore or lie , one of them even rang me and said that her brother wanted to buy one but she warned him it would look awful within a few weeks. When i requested a transcript of that conversation they denied it ever happens. they are cowboys and i am definitely claiming via money claim online as they are refusing to do anything about it. I would appreciate any details of other complaints about this sofa.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure