EE Roaming Charges

Options
Hi there - this is my first post so not really too sure what i am doing. I have a question. I have been with EE for a few years now and in September last year took out there EE 4GEE Max tariff. I went with this tariff as i travel a lot and it included EU Roaming. As of 15th June (i think) roaming is going to be included in all tariffs. I have spoken to EE and asked if i would get a reduction in my rate or able to move to a lower tariff as this is now included. They have told me this is not possible. So why do i have to pay for a service that is already included and free to everyone else? I'm not too sure on the fairness of this and would love to hear your thoughts. Have i just been sucked into a 2 year contract that i am not going to be able to get out of? I remember a few years a go EE/Orange would check my tariff every 6 months to see if i was being over charged or under charged. Apparently they don't do this anymore. Many thanks and looking forward to the comments. Mat

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The 4GEE max plan doesn't just cover thee EU. That's why you can't get a reduction.

It also includes Australia, USA, Canada, Mexico & New Zealand. It's not EEs problem that you may not go to those countries.
  • Matwood
    Options
    Hey Thanks for the reply. It only covers EU. I have spoken to them this evening and they have confirmed that. If you want the above then its an extra £7 per month
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The old Max plan cover the EU only but they are cheaper.

The benefit of the Max plans is free BT Sport and access to the fastest speeds available on 4G.

The Max plans were designed to give the benefits of EU roaming regulations a year prior to launch, in much the same way as the old EE Extra plans gave free 0800 calls a year before the regulations kicked in.

In other words you've paid more to have the benefit for a year longer than anyone else and you agreed those terms at the time.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure