Delays with connection of BT Broadband

Options
Suzanna22
Suzanna22 Posts: 22 Forumite
edited 12 June 2017 at 4:11PM in Broadband & internet access
So, I decided to switch suppliers from Virgin BB to BT. I thought this would be a great way to save money as my VBB offer had expired I am now paying the full amount every month, also at the time to switching over BT were offering a good introductory rate and cashback offer.

I completed the necessary forms with BT in April, waited for the hub to arrive it came beginning of May. Fast forward to today, and my broadband still isn't working. I've had numerous communication and empty promises from BT about my service being connected but still it isn't working.

Thankfully my VBB still works, and being without internet is a no-no as I rely heavily on it for Uni and wifi calls (my mobile reception is really poor.)

Questions: do I continue holding out for BT, cashback, reduced monthly subscription and compensation? Or do I give up and go grovelling to Virgin for them to reinstate my BB?
Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 June 2017 at 5:26PM
    Options
    Perhaps you can give more details
    Is your phone service working but not your broadband, or is it your phone and broadband that are not working ?
    Is the broadband 'Infinity' fibre to the cab. (FTTC) or regular exchange based broadband ?
    Has the property had BT type service in the past ?, if so have you located the 'BT' master socket ?
    It's not unheard of, for 'cable' installers, to completely remove the BT socket and wiring when they installed the cable service, they shouldn't do this, because it's not theirs to interfere with, plus it makes it difficult for BT to restore service but they often did it anyway.
    What reason have BT given you for the delay ?
    Only you can decide if it's worth waiting for BT to resolve the problems or cancel your BT order and contact VM to cancel your cancellation with them and continue to be a VM customer, albeit at a higher price than you previously paid
  • Suzanna22
    Suzanna22 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Virgin contacted me with a better offer so I went with it. Just need to try and get hold of BT to cancel their order! Sigh! This is becoming ridiculous.

Anyway, thank you for your responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport