IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Another Letter

Options

Comments

• FTJEB
    FTJEB Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to reply as an LBCCC but just need some guidance on the basis of this.

The facts are that I, the keeper, received a notice in the post with photographic evidence.

I responded as the keeper, as advised.

I have not responded since.

What is the basis of my response to the LBCCC?

Thanks.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    See #6!! .
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Were they to take this to court on E v L it would, imo, be unreasonable behaviour, they must know the E V L is a dead parrot.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 July 2017 at 8:53PM
    Options
    What is the basis of my response to the LBCCC?

Already said! And I told you where to find examples, and which ones are best...

...today I am thinking, ''why do I bother?'' So many people not reading replies already here.

Not just this thread (nothing personal - this is frustrating - it would be different if the answer wasn't already here - but it is).

Too many new threads this week all the same, asking 'what do I do and how?' when the posts above their reply already spell it out, and inform them how and where to look and how to do it, by when and in what way. Why do we bother?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • FTJEB
    Options
    Good morning,

I responded to the LBCCC as advised earlier this month.

I have now received a debt collection letter from DRP.

Reading the advice on the NEWBIES thread , the advice is to just ignore this and wait for any court letters.

I would appreciate confirmation that this is still the best course of action.

Thanks for everything so far!

Regards.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FTJEB wrote: »
    Good morning,

Reading the advice on the NEWBIES thread , the advice is to just ignore this and wait for any court letters.

Regards.

DRP .... THE JOKE OF THE CENTURY :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: .. IGNORE
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FTJEB wrote: »
    Good morning,

Regards.

I can confirm that the best course of action is to read the advice you have already been given and act upon it.

Today is Monday. Shall you be coming back to ask if this is correct, or will you actually believe what you have already been told?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • FTJEB
    Options
    Thank you for the confirmation.

I have learnt in life that sometimes things do change and it is always good to check, especially with such important matters.

Thanks once again, it is appreciated.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The newbies thread is kept up to date. It has to be.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (who take hundreds of these cases to court, and nearly always lose), who have also been reported to the regulatory authority. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.[/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure