Tesco Bank have changed their details

Don't know if anyone's noticed (I hadn't), but Tesco Bank have changed their own bank account details for payments.

I had two months where the direct debit on my Clubcard Credit Card bounced back, neither Tesco nor my own bank (Barclays) could explain it (the DD was active and there were sufficient funds), so I made the payment by FP/BACS, cancelled the existing DD and set it up again - same thing happened, so I cancelled it altogether and set it up as a standing order. That went out today, but on checking my online statement to make sure it had gone through, I discovered this on May's statement:

"The Tesco Bank account details for faster payments have changed. If you pay us via faster payment please amend payee to:
Sort code: 406415
Account number: 31310006
Remember to enter your credit card number as a payment reference."

It wasn't on April's statement, from where I had taken the sort code and account number to set up the SO!

Payment isn't due until the 28th, so I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if the (now misdirected) payment shows up or bounces back, but I thought I'd draw this to MSErs' attention, just in case (like me) you hadn't spotted the change.

I presume Tesco had been having problems themselves, hence the change to a new bank account; From googling the problem the first time it happened, I'm aware that many others had had DDs bounce back despite there being funds available.

Comments

• Surely a call to customer services would the prudent course of action?
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My current and savings accounts are still the same, so it must just be credit cards.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    40 02 50 is HSBC
    40 64 15 is Tesco

Obviously moving the payments in house.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    you would think tho that they could make an arrangement for HSBC to forward payments instead of them been bounced.
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    you would think tho that they could make an arrangement for HSBC to forward payments instead of them been bounced.

They must not of used the switching service properly! :D Lol
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Chrysalis wrote: »

I'd imagine they will have, nobody has yet said that payments are being bounced.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I though OP said it bounced.

Although rereading OP's post the DD also bounced which is odd, my DD hasnt bounced.
  • rtho782
    rtho782 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Perhaps OP means "Standing Order" when they say DD.
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    i did faster payment using old detail and it has landed in my cc account.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    SoggyMoggy wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone's noticed (I hadn't), but Tesco Bank have changed their own bank account details for payments.

I had two months where the direct debit on my Clubcard Credit Card bounced back, neither Tesco nor my own bank (Barclays) could explain it (the DD was active and there were sufficient funds), so I made the payment by FP/BACS, cancelled the existing DD and set it up again - same thing happened, so I cancelled it altogether and set it up as a standing order. That went out today, but on checking my online statement to make sure it had gone through, I discovered this on May's statement:

"The Tesco Bank account details for faster payments have changed. If you pay us via faster payment please amend payee to:
    Sort code: 406415
    Account number: 31310006
    Remember to enter your credit card number as a payment reference."

It wasn't on April's statement, from where I had taken the sort code and account number to set up the SO!

Payment isn't due until the 28th, so I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if the (now misdirected) payment shows up or bounces back, but I thought I'd draw this to MSErs' attention, just in case (like me) you hadn't spotted the change.

I presume Tesco had been having problems themselves, hence the change to a new bank account; From googling the problem the first time it happened, I'm aware that many others had had DDs bounce back despite there being funds available.

Just checked March, April and this month's payment which have been paid by DD and all have gone through ok (with Barclays) and also made my OH check his as well and same, no problems with DD bouncing and all payments have been fine (his bank is Halifax).

Any other Tesco customers?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure