Virgin switch, line rental haggle?

Options
I'm thinking of switching to another Broadband supplier as there's some great deals around that include the line rental. At present I'm getting 'Talk More Anytime' with 'Fibre 20' (30gb inc.) for £15 and pay the Line Rental (£196) Saver up front.
I'm wondering if anyone has managed to haggle with Virgin to get them to do a match with other deals and drop their line rental?

Comments

• rosielea
    rosielea Posts: 46 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just read this through again and don't think it's what I was wanting to ask. £15 seems a great price to be paying a month but when the Saver runs out it'll shoot up to £34 which is too much for me. I need a bit of help.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you should be able to get £3 off by just ringing up and moaning about the price.

If you are near the limit of your usage, you should be able to get 50Gb for the same price.
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    If you mean you are on either a 20Mbps or 30Mbps service from Virgin Media then those are certainly legacy products. Their starting product is now 100Mbps unlimited usage at £30 iirc (I was checking a short time back in case I need to use their pricing when haggling with my current ISP once my minimum term is up.

Virgin base their business model on two customer types...

Those who never phone in who end up on old products at high prices (this seems to be you)
    and
    Those who phone in and get discounts but at the cost of being just about constantly within a minimum contract term
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Virgin do some products which aren't on their site.

They give you 30Gb a month or 50Gb and smaller amounts of download

If you exceed this you pay £7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family