Advice from IFA so confused

Options
I have recently received a very large compensation payment.
I have sort the advice from an independent Financial advisory and I am left so confused, more confused than ever.
I spoke to 3 separate companies, as that was the approach I read I should take on here.
The amount we are looking to invest is in excess of £300k.

I explained my circumstances that I am a Cautious Investor, I am not comfortable with risk at all, Actually I would go as far to say I am a defensive investor and just want to offset losses to inflation.

Financial Adviser A) produced a report that says that I should invest everything with a Discretionary Fund Manager through a Offshore Bond, he says that the use of the offshore investment bond would provide protection of 90% of the funds held in a long term insurance plan under policyholder protection.
* He explained that I would be entirely protected under this insurance policy and so if everything went wrong, the most I stand to lose is 10% of my funds.
That seems to good to be true, I said the same to the FA, I do not understand how any investment that includes investing in stocks and shares can offer protection for 90% of your capital. though he assures me this is the case.

Financial adviser B) had me in for a free consultation which lasted almost 2 hrs, which was really a fact finding mission for the FA, who at the end told me that to proceed I needed to pay £500 just to see their written advice. There was not even a hint of a suggestion of how I would invest, how much risk and potential gains / losses to expect as a cautious investment portfolio

Financial adviser C) I only spoke to on the phone, lovely lady, who through just discussing my circumstances on the phone, felt that I was a cautious Investor and I should really just consider products that I can access through high street banks, though she suggested spreading my money through various banks to ensure i receive the maximum FSCS through a variety of banks. She felt I should wait until I got my head around receiving such a large amount of compensation and become comfortable with that before making any rash long term decisions.

Financial Adviser A) seems to good to be true
B) I am furious that he wasted my time and got me to his office under false pretences, how this was a free consultation I have no idea.
C) Trustworthy, but is this right for me and should i take a small leap of faith.

I am just so confused

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family