How do I get Vodafone to honour things we've agreed to?

mrochester
mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
Hi all

I joined Vodafone in Feb 2017 as they provide a much stronger signal in the areas I usually am.

In April 2017, I spoke to their online chat about switching my £20 sim only tariff to one of their new tariffs where all your data can be used abroad. This would normally be £35pm but they agreed to £22pm and my minimum term would remain as Feb 2018.

During May 2017 while away on holiday I ran out of data and purchased an extra 15GB for £20. A few days after buying this data package I switched the package off on my Vodafone account to prevent me from being charged the following month as I would not need this extra data again. However, I did not realise that by turning off this recurring payment on my account, it also wiped out all of the remaining 15GB I had!

So I went back onto online chat and explained the situation. The advisor I spoke to said they would re-add the 15GB of extra data and ensure that I was not charged a further £20.

Cue my latest bill coming in and Vodafone have charged me the full £35 for my tariff and £20 twice for the 15GB of data. They have also charged me an extra £6.50 for 'data' in my extras and another small charge for something else, which I don't know what it is.

I contacted the online chat on Sunday and explained the situation. They looked back through all the chat notes and could see the £22pm agreement and that I wouldn't be charged the extra £20. They also agreed the £6.50 charge for data didn't look right. They agreed to recalculate the bill and promised this would be done within 24 hours.

On Monday evening, my bill was still showing the incorrect amount. I spoke to online chat again and they advised me the bill was still being recalculated and it would be a further 24 hours before this would be done.

48 hours later and my bill is still incorrect.

Does anyone know how to actually get Vodafone to do what they say they are going to do? What's the point of online chat saying they are doing something when they clearly aren't? I can't understand the motivation for this.

Does anyone know where I should go from here?

Many thanks

M.

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
  • mrochester
    Thank you for your reply, I have contacted using this method.
  • mije1983
    Post the reference number you get from the email in this thread, then that way they can link the 2 together.
  • mrochester
    Email reference number #16051989
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi mrochester,

Thanks for making us aware of this.

We've got your email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mrochester
    Thank you Lee, I look forward to your response.
  • Shrimply
    Shrimply Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds like my experience with O2 live chat as well. They seem more interested in telling you what they think will make you happy and will get you to leave as quickly as possible rather than actually solving the problem.
  • mrochester
    Just a quick follow-up to advise that one of the social media team called me this morning and has sorted these issues out.

I have now been credited £40.50; £14 for line rental, £20 for the extra 15GB data and £6.50 for the 'data' charge (which was 0.33mb used!). The £14 credit for line rental is actually more than I would expect for the deal agreed as the advisor has now given me the £35 package for £21pm as opposed to the £22 originally agreed.

Speaking to the advisor, he explained that the discount I had been given for the tariff was beyond what a normal customer service agent would be able to authorise and he thinks this may have been the problem as to why the discount was not applied. The £6.50 for data was applied because after I had turned off the extra data package, I used 0.33mb of data to speak to online chat to re-add the data package, which was charged at a flat rate of £6.50 (which gets you 1GB).

I asked the advisor to pass on my comments about the data package wording on the 'My Vodafone' account as it does not mention that if you turn if off, you will lose all the remaining data. He agreed that it might seem obvious to him that it would wipe off all of your remaining data as he works there and knows the systems, but that an external customer would not necessarily know that is what would happen.

All in all, a happy ending, but it's just a shame the initial point of contact with Vodafone did not see my issues being resolved.
  • mije1983
    mrochester wrote: »
    All in all, a happy ending, but it's just a shame the initial point of contact with Vodafone did not see my issues being resolved.

The WRT seem to be the only people at Vodafone who can/want to actually help their customers.

Glad you got it sorted.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi mrochester,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm that this has been resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure