PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

No viewings on house for sale....

Options
Acquaintenance of ours have put their house on the market:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59112985.html

its been up for a while but they've not had any viewings. Frankly we're sick of hearing them bang on about not being able to sell (relationship break up so its part of the break up saga).

Was wondering if the panel have any thoughts on whats wrong with the listing so I can give them feedback that might help them sell it (and shut them up in the process).

I know its not very charitable but its like a stuck record.

Comments

• ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The problem is the price. It's at least £20k too expensive.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have they asked for feedback from a forum?

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    I love these "critique my house" threads, but I feel a bit uncomfortable doing it when it's not the owners who posted it.
    But I will say, red is a nightmare to paint over.
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Reduce the price and use a proper estate agent.
  • aneary
    aneary Posts: 921 Forumite
    Options
    Can they paint the bedroom walls to a less in your face colour.
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    No viewings in a month suggests price is too high.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 May 2017 at 5:50PM
    Options
    aside from the obvious front garden makes it look like it is still part of a development that is only just at the stage of completing and has yet to have a garden created, the rest of the listing looks fine

as ever it comes back to price... according to Rightmove the price was reduced "yesterday", but at 240k it is still top end:
    is theirs worth 15k+ compared to the similar one which has now sold?
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58191004.html

is retaining a garage as a garage worth an extra 5k compared to having converted the garage to a habitable room and sold for less than their (reduced) asking price as witnessed by this now sold one?? I doubt it very much!
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65096060.html

presumably relationship split means each person wants the max they can get so they can go off and start again elsewhere. Or is one being obstructive out of vengeance?
  • *~Zephyr~*
    *~Zephyr~* Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    The problem is the price. It's at least £20k too expensive.

Agree with this. Number 7 sold for £222k in August and that was bigger and much better presented. This one has a partly built deck out the back and a completely unfinished driveway. How much will those two things cost to fix? £10k?

Tell them to drop it to £210k.

This seems to be a trend with houses listed on Purple Bricks - they are all way overpriced.

Not sure why there's two photos of the prison cell bedroom. And a lot of the photos are a bit dark and gloomy, but unless the photos show it to be a complete wreck, its the price that gets people through the doors.
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They bought this house for £215k in December 2015, I would be surprised if the market had increased by over 10% in the previous 18months.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tell him to spend a week or two finishing all the part-done jobs off, and slapping a coat (or seven) of magnolia over all of the further reaches of the paint chart, THEN relist it. At a more sensible price.

Couldn't he find anywhere to put a bigger clock?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure