PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

No viewings on house for sale....

Options
124»

Comments

• amateur_house
    amateur_house Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am always suspicious of houses that are being sold again so quickly - they were there under 18 months before deciding to move. It sounds like a genuine reason in this case, but if I saw it on Rightmove etc my worry would be that they are moving because there is something wrong with the area or the house. Plus that is a big price increase for such a short time.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't try and get involved with buying a house from this pair... it sounds like a web of complicated twists and dead ends that will frustrate and test anyone's patience. I'd be surprised if it sells this decade from the sound of them!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Re-paint the whole of the inside neutral colours. Get rid of quite a lot of the extra large furniture and put into storage...fix the drive way...and don't be stingy trying to save a few grand in EA fees and go with a local EA and drop the price.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Acquaintenance of ours have put their house on the market:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59112985.html

its been up for a while but they've not had any viewings. Frankly we're sick of hearing them bang on about not being able to sell (relationship break up so its part of the break up saga).

Was wondering if the panel have any thoughts on whats wrong with the listing so I can give them feedback that might help them sell it (and shut them up in the process).

I know its not very charitable but its like a stuck record.

Well over-priced I`m afraid.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Bloke wants the full asking price - but he wants to buy out the woman. Woman just wants it sold.

why does she not accept his full market price offer?

if you want rid of them from the street, club together and let then sell it cheaper.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did it sell?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts