Default notice after IVA completed

Options
My IVA was completed in August last year and I have had the completion certificate.

The other day I received a communication from Link Outsourcing, who bought one of the debts in the IVA from the credit card company. It is a notice of sums in arrears and says I have failed to maintain payments on this account.

I'm a bit concerned about receiving this, my IVA was fully completed and, in fact, I paid in more than was owed due to several PPI claims. I haven't had any similar notices since the completion, though I did before. It says I should contact them to discuss the account.

Should I ignore this - it bothers me that they might affect my credit rating, which is now respectable? Or are they just trying it on? Thank you for any advice.

Comments

• GazNicki
    GazNicki Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you manage the IVA yourself or via a third party? If via a third party, I would address them with it.
    GETTING BACK ON TRACK (SLOWLY)
    Aqua Card: [STRIKE]-£1122.43[/STRIKE] £0 (DFD 12/04/17) | Barclaycard (0%): -£1898.85 (DFD 15/11/2020) | Blackhorse HP: [STRIKE]-£6997.00[/STRIKE] £0 (DFD 12/04/17) | Very.co.uk: [STRIKE]-£789.69[/STRIKE] £0 (DFD 12/04/17) | Zopa Loan (16.9%): £3135.00 (DFD 19/10/18) | Natwest Loan: £5584.00 (DFD 01/09/2020)
    Debt: -£17628.12 @ 01/03/17 --> -£10617.85 @ 12/04/17
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,943 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 April 2017 at 12:55PM
    Options
    Lincsdebt wrote: »
    My IVA was completed in August last year and I have had the completion certificate.

The other day I received a communication from Link Outsourcing, who bought one of the debts in the IVA from the credit card company. It is a notice of sums in arrears and says I have failed to maintain payments on this account.

I'm a bit concerned about receiving this, my IVA was fully completed and, in fact, I paid in more than was owed due to several PPI claims. I haven't had any similar notices since the completion, though I did before. It says I should contact them to discuss the account.

Should I ignore this - it bothers me that they might affect my credit rating, which is now respectable? Or are they just trying it on? Thank you for any advice.
    GazNicki wrote: »
    Did you manage the IVA yourself or via a third party? If via a third party, I would address them with it.

You cant manage an IVA by yourself GazNicki, its a formal insolvency solution that has to be administered by an insolvency practitioner.

Lincsdebt, i think all you have received is a computer generated letter that does not take your IVA into account.

Was the debt defaulted originally or not ?

Regardless, you can write back and inform them of the IVA, (its possible they are unaware of it) remind them that you have full legal protection from your creditors, and that they should amend there records accordingly.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Lincsdebt
    Lincsdebt Posts: 97 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you.

The IVA was through Payplan, so I think I will scan the letter and forward it to them.

The credit card this letter refers to was included in it, I have not defaulted on anything during or since the IVA. Never again, I've learnt my lesson the hard way!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,943 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 April 2017 at 5:15PM
    Options
    Thank you.

The IVA was through Payplan, so I think I will scan the letter and forward it to them.

The credit card this letter refers to was included in it, I have not defaulted on anything during or since the IVA. Never again, I've learnt my lesson the hard way!

Before your IVA, did the creditor ever issue a default notice, and was said default placed on your credit file for this debt, yes or no ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Check your credit files to see if there is an actual default.

There may not be, and Link is just going through the brainless formalities of the consumer credit act and it's required letters.

if there IS a default, Link MUST backdate it to the start date of your IVA or earlier.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Lincsdebt
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Check your credit files to see if there is an actual default.

There may not be, and Link is just going through the brainless formalities of the consumer credit act and it's required letters.

if there IS a default, Link MUST backdate it to the start date of your IVA or earlier.

My credit report is clear of defaults. As I said before, this card was included in the IVA started in 2010 and finished last year. I think they are just going through the formalities. They show payments having been received until December last year, which must have been from Payplan.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    My credit report is clear of defaults. As I said before, this card was included in the IVA started in 2010 and finished last year. I think they are just going through the formalities. They show payments having been received until December last year, which must have been from Payplan.

It should be clear, but Link did go through a period of putting more recent ones on against the rules, so will pay to keep a close eye on them.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • purpleparrotuk
    Options

On a side note, how long did Payplan take issuing your completion certificate if you dont mind me asking :)
  • Lincsdebt
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    On a side note, how long did Payplan take issuing your completion certificate if you dont mind me asking :)

My last payment was in August and the completed certificate issued in October. The IVA register entry was removed exactly three months later.

I did have to sign an agreement that Payplan could continue to chase PPI claims they'd had made for them. I think they've got it all now anyway so wasn't bothered.
  • purpleparrotuk
    Options
    My last payment was in August and the completed certificate issued in October. The IVA register entry was removed exactly three months later.

I did have to sign an agreement that Payplan could continue to chase PPI claims they'd had made for them. I think they've got it all now anyway so wasn't bothered.

Thanks, I am still waiting for mine from them, over 4 months now. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport