IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi ParkingEye- Making me ill

Options
Hello all
I've had the reply from PE, I sent them a brief explanation and with the evidence I was indeed shopping in Aldi. I've been directed to a POPLA Draft on here. I can't see where this is. Time is running out, and It's making me unwell with worry. Please, can someone show me where the template is that I need to follow please to send this to POPLA?
Thanks very much

:(

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    they are in the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum , maybe post #3 ?

also complain to aldi CEO and insist on a cancellation
  • linclass
    linclass Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Redx, yes that's where I was told to look, but it's all confusing me. I went to speak with the Manager at Aldi before I sent my evidence, was very helpful and said to mention they are aware. I got a reply 'although I provided evidence I was actually using Aldi, it didn't meet the discretionary criteria set by the landowners'. I wonder what THAT is then!! The extra 14 days they've graciously given me to pay will be up on Wednesday. I don't know what I'm looking for on post #3 .
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I went to speak with the Manager at Aldi
    And what happened when you told him to cancel?
    There is a hidden clause with ALDI and parking eye, which causes issues, as there is no way you can agree, or disagree to it.

I'm guessing by the making me sick comment you are worried about going beyond the so called discount period?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • linclass
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    And what happened when you told him to cancel?
    There is a hidden clause with ALDI and parking eye, which causes issues, as there is no way you can agree, or disagree to it.

I'm guessing by the making me sick comment you are worried about going beyond the so called discount period?

I'm worried about the whole bally episode Half_way. I've read a few of the appeals on here, and they seem very 'legaleeze' talk which I just don't get on with. I've started an appeal to POPLA, which is below:

REF: 122420/89xxxx
    Date of notice: 10/02/2017
    Date of Event: 04/02/2017

I am appealing the PCN sent by ParkingEye REF and dated as above.

The day in question was a Saturday, and of course very busy.
    The full compliment of staff wasn't available to man the tills at the time the shopping was paid for.
    The Manager at Aldi Sleaford is aware of this PCN and advised that in the absence of a till receipt, the bank statement showing the cost of the shopping be submitted. It's attached to this letter.

This is an unfair PCN as the failure to vacate the car park space was beyond the driver's control.

I don't know what else to say in my defence! Should it be sent via the POPLA website? I've just looked at it, and the first thing it mentions is a 10 digit verification code. Well I can't see one on the letter from ParkingEye!

I'm very aware that my appeal is only lines long, when some of those I've read are almost booklet size.
  • Redx
    Options
    that is not a POPLA appeal , start again , you are not telling a story, you are using legal arguments for your appeal, nothing else is relevant

the BOOKLET SIZE ones are correct, the ones with legal jargon in them

and when its been drafted and approved, the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you how to upload it to the POPLA website , as a pdf under OTHER

check the PE rejection again , the POPLA code should be on it , so check all sides
  • linclass
    edited 11 March 2017 at 9:20PM
    Options
    Redx, the legal ones I've read are pointing out things like the signage being deficient, well that's not in dispute. So am I gonna lie? Yes - there is a POPLA Ref, it's on the reject letter I received earlier this week :-)

It does incidentally, have the paragraph 'You are warned that if after 29 days from the date given.....'
  • Redx
    Options
    nobody is asking you to lie

but the signage has to form a contract and be clear and to abide by the BPA Cop

THE POINT IS THAT THE SIGNAGE ALMOST ALWAYS FAILS THE ABOVE TESTS

I dont care what YOU think about the signage , only that it is legal in terms of what it must comply with

CM has stated in numerous threads that she wrote a template for aldi and PE etc

says so in this recent thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5599997

so NO , do not lie , but you are to put them to strict proof on signage , that it meets the CRA2015 , that the "hidden clauses in their contract" are conveyed on the signage , that it passes the BEAVIS case test (those signs were clear and legible and numerous , aldi ones arent)

lose the guilt complex and start by accepting that the regulars you are asking for help know more about it than you do , as in that bergkamp thread

so accept nothing , question everything , assume PE have failed on a legal technicality already , its that you have to ask the popla assessor to find
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fortunately you have landed in the right place.

If that is your POPLA appeal, and you have sent it off, it will fail.
    It sholdnt but as you have geussed you haver to use all sorts of mumbo jumbo to get it through POPLA ( theres a very good guide in the sticky thread)
    Parking eye are one of the most litigious parking companies out there, who will take motorists to court no matter what.
    However, depsite all the Parking eye cases, there has yet to be one involving an Aldi site.
    Another piece of good news is tat a POPLA decision is not binding upon the motorist, so even if they say you have lost and should pay, you are under no obligation to do so.

If you have sent that as a POPLA appeal, do not worry, seriously this whole PPc buisness is designed to make people worry, panic and pay up, or do something that could put them at a disadvantage - Fluff bluster and bullshyte.

My advice would be to re-visit the ALDI in question, make a copy of the parking charge notice and take it with you - i have helped a few people deal with PE @ Aldi in this way.

If you have completed a shop and have a full trolley, or even better a full trolley with frozen goods try enquiring at the till before you pay
    you (U): hi - can i speak to the manager
    Staff member (S) wot? er, wots it about?
    U: Ive received a parking charge notice, from your agents, parking eye and i would like you to resolve it before i pay for these goods
    S: er,,, hang on ( shouts for supervisor/manager)
    Manager comes over....
    You: ive a parking charge notice here, after spending X amount of time and X amount of money in your busy store i received this which i think is disgusting, as you have Parking eye acting as your agents, you are jointly liable for their actions, and i would appreciate it if you could call Parking eye to get this charge cancelled, from my research into this matter you should have a number that you can call in your store office to cancel these things directly with Parking eye. At which point the manager should go away to the office with your copy of the parking charge notice/document(s) , when He/she returns ask about the hidden clause: I am also aware of a hidden clause regarding parking, however as this has not been disclosed then how can
    people be held to any terms and conditions that your agents, parking eye try and impose?

Also post to their face book page

If you want to stir things up a little, you can trawl through the local authority's planning site most PE sites do not have the required permission to operate, they need planning permission for the ANPR cameras ( note these are not CCTV) planning permission for the signs, and if they are over a certain size (30cm square?) the signs also require Advertising consent.

Again do not worry, thats what parking companies want you to do, take it all in your stride, and once you've got your head around it get even
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Redx
    edited 11 March 2017 at 9:32PM
    Options
    ps:- I told you in post #2 to complain LOUDLY to the ALDI CEO

despite it making you ill, you have not yet done this vital task

I also told you to recheck the PE rejection for the 10 digit popla code as well

edit , I see in your earlier edited post you found that code now

you had 28 days from that rejection to submit a "legal jargon" popla appeal
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    linclass wrote: »
    Thanks Redx, yes that's where I was told to look, but it's all confusing me. I went to speak with the Manager at Aldi before I sent my evidence, was very helpful and said to mention they are aware. I got a reply 'although I provided evidence I was actually using Aldi, it didn't meet the discretionary criteria set by the landowners'. I wonder what THAT is then!! The extra 14 days they've graciously given me to pay will be up on Wednesday. I don't know what I'm looking for on post #3 .

This has recently come up about Parking Eye.

It seems that hidden somewhere it states (maybe it does not state)
    that if you stay for longer than the time for free parking, your receipt must be for a certain amount, think it's £50
    Trouble is that nobody knows about it.
    That by itself is restrictive practice which i guess Aldi approve of

However ... " discretionary criteria" does not form a contract especially if Aldi customers are unaware of this

You have many options but the first is to contact the CEO of Aldi

Mr Giles Hurley Managing Director

Email gmd.cs@aldi.co.uk

You must ask ... is it true that Aldi expect a customer to have spent a certain amount if the free parking is exceeded
    No other supermarket does this.
    Are these restrictions approved by Aldi or is it Parking Eye attempting to scam money from Aldi customers

Go and take photos of the signs, if there is no mention of
    "discretionary criteria", and an explanation of this, Parking Eye
    are barking up a gum tree
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills