IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi ParkingEye- Making me ill

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    linclass wrote: »
    I've drafted an email to the CEO of Aldi, Coupon mad. Hopefully, he'll answer fairly promptly, and I'll put the reply here. I've just looked on GoogleEarth - the image is 2015, but it does clearly state £70 .

It will not say " discretionary criteria"
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm about to send a complaint via email to the CEO of Aldi. Should I add the POPLA Ref number that PE sent me?

NO , but you should add the PCN reference that PE sent you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've drafted an email to the CEO of Aldi, Coupon mad. Hopefully, he'll answer fairly promptly, and I'll put the reply here. I've just looked on GoogleEarth - the image is 2015, but it does clearly state £70 .

I know...I said less than half the signs (plural) in an Aldi car park have £70 on them. You will be able to find one or two.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • linclass
    linclass Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I've sent the Email requesting cancellation to the CEO of Aldi. Let's see whether I even receive a reply.
  • linclass
    Options
    Five hours after sending the email to the Aldi CEO, and surprise, no answer. How long should I wait before sending it a second time? OR, SHOULD I send it a second time?
    Thanks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I would say that two days is not unreasonable. If there is no reply after a week send as reminder. There is no hurry, the only thing they could do is take you to court, but that would probably make I Aldi very cross.

Have you written on their Facebook page?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Five hours after sending the email to the Aldi CEO, and surprise, no answer.
    Really.........? You mean he's dealing with running his hundreds of stores, their millions of pounds turnover, and their bottom line across the entire country rather than sorting out your parking ticket. He needs to re-order his priorities!

Please be realistic, this could take a number of days.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • linclass
    Options
    Well Umkomaas, I wouldn't actually expect him to access his email at all. I imagine he does have a secretary that does that sort of thing,
  • linclass
    Options
    Latest:

Just received an email from Aldi Parking Management dept (did you know they had one of these??) and they're happy to cancel this parking notice.

IF similar happens in future, the CEO will be my first contact I should think. :wave:
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aldi Parking Management dept

C/O

ParkingEye Limited
    PO Box 565
    Chorley
    PR6 6HT
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita