PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th March 2017

Options

Comments

• Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Was very productive last night after work - WU x 2, lunches made, general admin done. Tonight by contrast very little done.

Mumof2 - you can do an online benefits check to see if you'd be entitled to some help. Working from home or from an office doesn't matter or tax credits, although you may not be working quite enough hours. You may get some council tax relief. Type 'entitledto' into the gov website and it'll give you a calculator. If you just ring tax credits they will advise about tax credits but perhaps not other things. HTH.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Home after a long day, not helped by traffic lights round a pothole which is adding an hour to a 20 minute journey!! Needless to say, there has been no activity to fill in said pothole...

Anyway, WM now run and washing hung up, bedroom dusted and bedding changed ready for an early morning WM run tomorrow. I got distracted by the vacuum cleaner, and decided to clean the head and empty it out. Not quite sure why, but I like to think it is so that I can work it to the max tomorrow ;)

Dinner thrown together, and kitchen tidied. Lunches done for tomorrow, and that's about it. Oh looked up some possible places to money shuffle before April :money: Must write a shopping list for tomorrow, then probably bed.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    parents eve - not done much
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FBO not surprised you're annoyed - had he noticed it all and assumed the magic fairies would deal with it?

I excelled myself in poor coordination in zumba this morning and actually fell over! One minute I was standing on one leg, then I sort of moved my weight to the leg that was in the air.....embarrassing.....everyone was impressed how quickly I got up! Didn't do my dodgy shoulder or arthritic toe a lot of good.

Just one student to teach today, so managed to finish and send another report and am half way through the next.

Went to flower club this evening.
    So not a fantastic day for flying, although it's really fairly under control at the moment. Well, apart from my handbag which is full of peas....bought a load of seeds at the garden centre at the weekend and one of the packets must have been dodgy so they have all escaped.

Hope all the sick people and their families are feeling better.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone

Hope your DS feeling better ATB
    I have total empathy FBO - how can they leave things like that !
    Sorry LW but no killing allowed. Certainly would have the sharp side of my tongue though
    Made me laugh Narco with the peas - thanks

All the floors sucked and bathroom and kitchen floors washed
    Duvet washed and TD. Still damp so hanging over chairs atm
    Had casserole from the freezer and cooked lamb shank for DH for t/m
    Spanish lesson done
    Lots of old emails decluttered
    Paper and tin recycling all cleared out of house

Monday - Beautiful Bedroom
    Open the window
    strip the bed
    clean window
    make bed

Twinkling Tuesday Bathroom Brightener
    Open windows
    Empty Bath sides and shower cubicles of all bottles, loofahs etc
    Spray with cleaner
    Scrub down bath/shower
    Rinse
    polish taps
    put clean washcloths out
    Flush loos
    spray with cleaner of choice (I like cream cleaner for porcelain)
    scrub bowl - don't forget under rim
    With a bucket of hot water wipe loo seats etc. handles, etc
    Good slug of bleach
    clean cloth - basin needs a scrub. And bidet if you have one
    scrub then polish taps with a dry m/f cloth
    polish/wipe radiator/towel rail
    replace all towel
    EXTRAS
    Wipe tiles around basins/splashbacks

Wonderful Wednesday - KITCHEN and dining
    Wipe table and mats, and chairs. Dont forget under the table/chairs where sticky fingers lurk
    WUDUPA
    Clear sides and wipe down
    Wipe cupboard fronts
    Wipe fascias
    Wipe small appliances/caddies and return stuff to sides
    Wipe switches and sockets and door handles
    clean sills
    dust in dining area
    Extras
    Clean out a drawer
    fling gibble
    sweep doorstep
    wipe front door inside and out

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons for all needing some
    Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doobop thanks for you advice. I actually did a online eligibility checker and it looks like I could get £400 a month so that would be fantastic to take the pressure off a bit until J is working again.

Narco oh dear, sorry you fell over - that balance stuff is very tricky you know. Hope your shoulder is OK. Had to smile about the peas!

LW no lovely, killing isn't allowed. If it's any consolation I get exactly the same thing and J thinks nothing of walking right through my freshly vacuumed floor with his boots on.

FBO bet you were fuming - I would have been.

After I posted yesterday I had 5 jobs come in so apart from taking Z to her school awards ceremony I worked right through til 10 last night. I was meant to be riding this am but I've cancelled as got more to do. It's our wedding anniversary today - 14 years; how quickly the time goes.

Will try to do what I can from the list. But for now - cup of tea ......
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)

DS slept all night, hurrah! Here's hoping he continues to improve. So far this morning I have fed everyone, made the beds, unloaded DW and stuck WM on. Will be pegging out again today :j

Need to do some paid stuff, and really want to catch up with Call the Midwife from the weekend.

Have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    what is WUDUPA?
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    what is WUDUPA?

Washed up, dried up, put away :)
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Deep breaths LW and FBO. Good news on what you may be entitled to Mumof2.

So yesterday before the paid stuff, I cleaned in the downstairs loo, wiped all the switches downstairs and cleaned the tiles in the kitchen as well as walking the dogs. Then in the evening I made curtains.

I've done ironing this morning. Still have 30 minutes so I'll take a quick look at the list.

Please sling any posivibes this way please, DH and I certainly need them this week.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family