IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM Penalty Ticket Assistance Required

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You can't "force" them to reply, just keep trying once they miss any suggested deadlines you have given them to reply
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,806 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You have to give them time to chew this over! Sit tight. Clearly even if this went to small claims you would have a defence in that you were never furnished with a permit, plus the fact that your lease doesn't incorporate any such terms or parking charge for use of your bay.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hairray
    Options
    Thank you both. Just thought I'd keep you updated!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2017 at 12:50PM
    Options
    It is a great letter CM but it is very "in your face", I hope that the OP has the cojones to follow it through.

Personally I would invoice the MA/landowner for my time, say £50. If they ignore, I would issue a LBA, and then a MCOL I am sure that that would concentrate their minds. It really is time that PPCs were taught that residential property is a no-go area.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • hairray
    Options
    Big cojones not required, just the desire to avoid an invoice for parking in my own space.

Appreciate your suggestion.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Bear in mind winning a hearing MCOL v the MA/Landowner over £50 for the time you have been put to will involve a minimum of a "real" £50 in court fees which you would have to pay yourself upfront, and only get back off the loser if you win.

So make sure you think that's something you are prepared to put the time and effort into, and where a win isn't guaranteed
  • hairray
    hairray Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Hey,

So I was about to thank you Coupon Mad for your help. I didn't hear anything since my section 10 letter dated the 21st January and though all was good and they had dropped it.

Then I receive this letter yesterday (dated 5 April 2017): https://ibb.co/hG310k

Events since then:

-The landowner informed me it would be forwarded to their legal department, I heard nothing and had no response from the words you put together for me mentioning previous cases, CPM directors are IAS directors etc.

- No contact from CPM whatsoever.

I hate to admit it, it's really getting to me and Im sure this process is supposed to make me feel like this so I cave in and pay them.

I would be very grateful for your help.

Regards
  • hairray
    hairray Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and although they claim to have contacted me, they haven't and Im assuming shouldn't of done under the section 10 notice.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just tell DRP that it is disputed and you have advised CPM accordingly. You can restate that you have a leasehold entitlement to park, but be aware that they are paid by results (15% of fees recovered, so they won't stop writing immediately that you ask).

Once they've written 3/4 letters they risk an allegation of harassment and it becomes uneconomic for them, so they'll stop.

DRP letters often refer to recommending court action and test cases. They are not lawyers, cannot advise anyone on the law and all too often refer to the Beavis case as some kind of authority that all PCNs are enforceable. Nonsense.
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    You are now in the Debt Collectors stage. Letters from DRP can be ignored as stated in the Newbies thread (however never ignore a real LBC or MCOL which is also said in the Newbies thread).

You will receive several DRP letters, eventually one will offer you a discount to pay - it will go down to ~£125 - and then they will write to you but using a different letterhead (Gladstones).

However always look out for that real LBC in case it comes at that point you have to defend yourself in the Small Claims Court with help from people on here. Whether this happens is not a certainty but it could happen 6 years from the event.

Your best way to stop this is to get a cancellation and pressure the freeholder, builders, MA or whomever brought CPM in by continuously pressuring them. It is ludicrous that you get ticketed in your own bay but is becoming more and more common I am afraid. The PPCs rely on people paying (who do) straight away as opposed to people like you who realize it is unfair and challenge it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure