Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    So last night we opted for the fresh pasta & focaccia- used the bread maker for the dough & it was quite good. Think I'll try somewhere warmer to prove the dough next time though, don't think it rose as much as it could have.

Feeling a lot more in control with food spends even just having a rough meal plan. Will have to try my best to go this more to get the spending down for when the SMP starts.

Chiropractor was definitely needed yesterday and I'm going back in 2 weeks rather than another month as still so sore. DS was smiling at everyone & having a great time as he just loves people talking to him. :)

Today we have a joiner coming round to do a list of jobs for us in the house. Most are smallish annoying things that we haven't gotten around to fixing over the last year or 2 so will be great to have them out of the way. :j We know the guy & he has done jobs for us previously which makes it a bit more comfortable, always feel a bit awkward with tradesmen in the house, especially when DH is at work. :o

We have part of the floor & skirting to be replaced in one room due to a leaking pipe earlier in the year (the builders/heating engineer didn't bother tightening a pipe properly & the emergency plumber had to cut the floor & skirting away to get access when it started coming through the ceiling downstairs). There was a bookshelf in that corner of the room that had to be moved so it's been lying in the wrong place for months & bags of books have also been lying about making the room look a total mess (along with all of DH's tech stuff like wires, cables & who-knows-what that he likes to leave lying on the floor :mad:).

We are also getting a pet screen installed in the kitchen so we can open our sliding patio door for air without the cats escaping. The cats are house cats as pedigree/too stupid to be let out. Bought the pet screen a couple of months ago so again will be great to have installed instead of lying in a box.

A lot of our tomatoes have been ripening so that's good, still waiting on the chillies. We have also had a couple of cucumbers as well as runner beans & DH dug out one bag of the Maris piper potatoes we're growing- they're good but a bit small so will give the other bags a couple more weeks.

May try to do a bit of yoga this morning after getting DS back to bed.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Joiner got most of the jobs sorted yesterday but couldn't get the pet screen fully installed as there was a part missing.:mad: He has done most of the work though so once we get the missing part sent by the company we bought it from DH will be able to finish it off.

Finally got a couple of PA surveys yesterday after not getting any for about 8 days! Not far off another £20 so hopefully I'll get another few surveys so I can cash out soon.

Payday today & it's not too bad as have 2 weeks average income plus 2 weeks SMP. Next month will be a shocker as will be SMP only. :eek:

DH has dropped our eldest cat off at the vet for his dental surgery. Fingers crossed it all goes well & isn't as expensive as the vet said worst case scenario would be.

Managed 25 mins of yoga this morning & heading for a shower shortly. Will jump out to Ald! in a bit for a few things & then need to make some fairy cakes to take to our niece's birthday party tomorrow. DH off work today so he can spend time with DS whilst I get on with things.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Well the cat ended up costing MORE than the "worst case scenario" price that the vet gave us. :mad::eek: He needed 8 teeth removed, not 4 & it cost nearly £600. :eek::(

No idea how we are going to pay this off the credit card. :( Vet said the removals weren't due to normal dental wear & tear hygiene though, there was a health cause, so we should try & claim from our pet insurance & she would support our claim. DH taking cat back on Monday for a check so will take the claim form with him as the vet needs to fill out part of it. Fingers crossed the claim will be accepted.

We went to visit some friends last night as they hadn't seen DS for a while. Was good to see them & DS had a good time being somewhere different. He's a really nosy baby & loves to see everything and have people talking to him.:rotfl:

Got the fairy cakes made yesterday, just have to do the icing this morning. Off to our niece's birthday party this afternoon at my brother's house, hoping the weather stays dry so we can go into the garden. Have got DS's outfit ready to be put on at the last minute before we leave - wee jeans with braces & a shirt - so cute. :D
  • sashybo
    Options
    Well we all had a lovely time at our niece's party & the weather stayed dry for a change :j - I made pink icing for the fairy cakes & they seemed to go down well.

DS was passed around practically everyone who was there. :rotfl: He was great & didn't bother at all.

Yesterday we all had a lazy day, got a couple of washings done and that's about it.

Our old cat who had several teeth removed seems a lot happier & is running about like a much younger cat. :) He's even started sitting on my knee again, he has been avoiding doing this when I'm holding the baby (which is most of the time) but now seems happy to do it. :j

Took DS out to his singing/story group again today & he only fell asleep for the last 5 mins or so. :o Met a girl I went to school with that I haven't seen for years & her wee boy is about 4 weeks older than DS. :) Was nice to have a wee chat with her.

Then took DS into my work again to see the other shift & he was passed around the room. Lucky that he's good natured really isn't it. :rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    All sounds lovely (except the poor cat and bill)

But time with friends and family nothing better :D x
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Hidden, have had a nice few days. :)

Today we took DS for his second vaccinations & he was great, cried for around a minute then settled down again. Also had him weighed & he's now a chunky 14lb 14oz. They want to weigh him again next time as they said he's dropped from 90 odd percentile to 70 odd and they want to check that he's gaining weight properly. He's a hungry boy & I feed him on demand so not too worried, the nurse did say he was very bright & alert so he was fine.

Had a couple of ladies from work up to the house for lunch, was good to see them. DS was a little angel & really enjoyed having company other than me & DH. :rotfl:

Got some Qu!dco money through, only £6 but paid it off loan no1.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Got £20 through from one of my survey companies so have paid that off loan no1. Have requested £15 & £4 from two other sites, so waiting on that coming through. Still waiting for my £40 from 0nepoll too.

Having a problem with 0pinion 0utpost, tried to redeem points for £10 & something went wrong & I got a message saying that I had violated their terms & my account had been terminated. :eek: Have sent them an email as I didn't do anything wrong so hoping they will restore my account for me. Think it was an automatic thing but still don't know why it happened. :mad:

Took meter readings this morning for gas & electricity and submitted them online. Going to try & do this every 2 weeks to try and keep our bills accurate.

Did half an hour of yoga earlier and have done two washings and that's about it. Went to visit my mum for a few hours yesterday which was nice & she made my dinner for me as well, even better. :D:j
  • Kittychick
    Kittychick Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I had samething with opinion outpost too this week, I emailed the help desk and it bounced back.. Not happy at all.. Which other sites do you find to be reliable... I don't seem to be able to get any surveys from PA :0/
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Violated your account? What exactly has happened with op its spot on usually.

Try swagbuck and opinium research they are spot on kittychick
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Kittychick, I got a reply today from 0pinion 0utpost asking me to confirm my details (DOB, address etc) & details like what kind of operating system I was using at the time. I wonder why it bounced back for you, definitely try emailing them again. It's so annoying because it's a relatively low cashout & they're usually really quick to pay. :mad:

Pinecone is a good survey panel to get onto, not sure if you still have to find a banner/invite to get on though. I like Newvistalive & Populuslive although the cashout levels are quite high. 0nepoll is also good, surveys are usually 10-20p but they are really quick to do & you can get several a day as long as you check quite often, again a high cashout though. Valued Opinions, MySurvey & Globaltestmarket are all ones I've been using for years as well, although the points value is not so great for them anymore & on VO you now need £10.50 to claim a £10 voucher.

PA has been very slow for me for the last couple of weeks, hopefully it will pick up again once the universities start back. I've made £60 within a couple of months which is pretty good so I'll keep checking.

Scott I don't know, it was really weird, I tried to redeem my points as usual through PayPal but realised I'd put the wrong points amount when it transferred me to the PP login page, so I hit the link to return to OO & tried to redeem again and got a weird message about having to use PayPal and then it logged me out. When I tried to log in again I got the strange message about my account being terminated due to violating their t & c's - which I hadn't! I think it must be an automatic check thing that's screwed up, just hope I get my account back as have enough points for £10 in there. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback