New Journey

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Sorry you have been through so much recently. You have handled yourself admirably. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're okay today Cumbria

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GOOD THINGS

I have had a couple of nights sleep without coughing.
    I haven't spent much money this month.
    The NHS have been wonderful.

BAD THINGS

I have been eating junk food through boredom
    I still haven't done the online banking.

Yesterday I did my cleaning , bent down to retrieve a duster and pulled a muscle in my back!

I am very cheery about it , in between the agony when the meds wear off. I can't take anything stronger than ibuprofen. I have heat packs and they are helping.

My DS is sorting my shopping later and I am wondering whether I will ever get back to work.

I have a couple of friends calling today so they are bringing food to eat .

Thank you to everyone who has read my diary because it is all about illness at the minute , but soon it will be about adventures I hope .
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Ouch for your back. It is all interconnected so I am not surprised about your back.

Don't worry about the junk food for now.

You will get back to work but in the meantime it is okay to be the one who needs taking care of.

Take care.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Ouch for your back. It is all interconnected so I am not surprised about your back.

Don't worry about the junk food for now.

You will get back to work but in the meantime it is okay to be the one who needs taking care of.

Take care.

Agree with this :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 February 2018 at 12:11PM
    Options
    Oh dear about your back Cumbria! How painful + take it easy and I hope the ibuprofen is helping.

I!!!8217;m glad you!!!8217;ve been sleeping without coughing though - that must have made you feel so much better in the scheme of things.

Yes, don!!!8217;t worry about the junk food for now - you!!!8217;ll soon be back to normal - and please don!!!8217;t stress about getting back to work!

You!!!8217;ll be back to plotting your adventures again before you know it!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Cumbria

So sorry to hear about your illness.

Housework is so bad for us:)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hi Cumbria I am sorry to hear your news,things are certainly sent to test us sometimesxx
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news, Cumbria. Hope your treatment will start soon? Sounds like they got it early?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Friends been and gone , they brought some food which was lovely. My shopping delivered by family cost me £16.09.

I have watched all 6 episodes of Girlfriends, not sure if it was a bit far fetched.

I phoned up for the £110 overpayment on my cc to be returned to me , putting this towards myholiday spending money. I have 2 more sales on eBay about £9 I think.

I am going to have money left over this month so not sure what I will do with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure