£2 Savers Club for 2017

Options

Comments

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    2 more today bringing my total to £18 !

Any interesting coins?
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another shiny £2 added to my pot taking me up to £22. I'm terrible, I never look at them, could I be sitting on a goldmine?
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • Gem-gem
    Options
    Naomim wrote: »
    Another shiny £2 added to my pot taking me up to £22. I'm terrible, I never look at them, could I be sitting on a goldmine?

Some are more sought after than others. It depends on how many were minted and if their were any imperfections in the minting.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Gem-gem
    Options
    Hubby has two coins waiting for me. Yay!
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Mr_Bridger
    Options
    I've been collecting £2 coins for a short while, in a tin that needs a can opener to open. I've no idea how many are in there, quite a few tho, but my aim is to open it when Xbox Scorpio is released. Hopefully I'll have enough by then. :rotfl:
  • alittlemadam
    Options
    im not necessarily saving £2 coins but definitely saving

At the moment I have 2 savings jars on the go, the first jar is for 5p, 2p and 1p and the other I save 10p and 20p, end the end of each day I throw in my loose change, unless I know that the kids are gonna need the change for bus fair or anything else. This is on top of the monthly savings that I put away anyhow.

Obviously I am in a position to be able to do this, but anything that you can afford to save is a bonus.

Every quarter we sort and count the 5p, 2p and 1ps are divided equally and give to my 2 children, the 10p and 20p I change into notes and put away for holiday spend or save towards Christmas.

I just hate spending money on random rubbish
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 January 2017 at 2:16PM
    Options
    Mr_Bridger wrote: »
    I've been collecting £2 coins for a short while, in a tin that needs a can opener to open. I've no idea how many are in there, quite a few tho, but my aim is to open it when Xbox Scorpio is released. Hopefully I'll have enough by then. :rotfl:

I have one of these tins too so i can't tell if I'm sitting on a mini fortune of collectables!
    im not necessarily saving £2 coins but definitely saving

At the moment I have 2 savings jars on the go, the first jar is for 5p, 2p and 1p and the other I save 10p and 20p, end the end of each day I throw in my loose change, unless I know that the kids are gonna need the change for bus fair or anything else. This is on top of the monthly savings that I put away anyhow.

Obviously I am in a position to be able to do this, but anything that you can afford to save is a bonus.

Every quarter we sort and count the 5p, 2p and 1ps are divided equally and give to my 2 children, the 10p and 20p I change into notes and put away for holiday spend or save towards Christmas.

I just hate spending money on random rubbish

we also have a "loose change" savings jar although we tend to not add it up until later in the year. Never thought of giving it to the kids though. Just get them to count it! :rotfl:

Oh forgot to add I have just been given 2 x £2 coins in the co-op. So technically the bread roll to go with my soup has now cost £4.49!! :eek: funnily enough, if you use the self service machine they give out single £1 coins but this was given to me by a real live person.

naomi x
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • claremylove
    Options
    Another four for me today courtesy of the bank when I got some change out. Total now £26 - Yay
    £2 coin savings club 2024 #1 £0 (2023 £754; 2022 £472; 2021 £256; 2020 £358; 2019 £512; 2018 £404; 2017 640)Saving for Xmas 202 £1 a day #4 £365 / £365 3-6 month emergency fund challenge #48 £2,377 Save a penny a day 2024 #32 £ . / £667.95 £1000 emergency fund challenge #232 £1,007/ £1,000 (achieved Nov 2020)
  • Gem-gem
    Options
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    Hubby has two coins waiting for me. Yay!

In the pot they go. Clunk, clunk!
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Gem-gem
    Options
    Mr_Bridger wrote: »

Welcome Mr_Bridger,
    Welcome to the £2 saver club. If you wish to join us let me know and I will assign you a number. We are a friendly bunch who all enjoy collecting £2 coins.
    Gem-gem
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills