Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone ok, been a busy couple of days was a yr older on Friday... got spoilt rotten by my daughter she got me pandora charms, and raided a ted baker set from the stash... mum is paying for me next tattoo, ant wait... it's a mix sounds weird but seen a few tattoos around so the artist is bringing them together... mix of a dream catcher but with a lions head with some Mandela work.

Had a lovely day at Llangollen yesterday and went on steam train... bar weather but touch wood we only got caught in back end of one shower xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mum2one happy birthday. I hope you had a nice day.
    chezcpdm welcome to the thread. I've been planning my xmases for about 6 years now and it's great to have a relatively stress free December.

My latest gift idea is packing cubes
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=luggage+cubes&oq=lyggage+cu&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l15.6885j0j4&sourceid=silk&ie=UTF-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=iTHhWJr2OsLFgAbW1L34DA#gws_rd=cr&imgrc=9fIOa7NgK7BiSM:
    As I've said up-thread, DM and DMIL enjoy travelling and I've bought them travel wallets for Xmas. I came across travel cubes elsewhere online and I thought they'd make good gifts. They come in lots of styles and colours, so there's plenty of choice.
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry I've been awol lately but I couldn't get into the site and only just managed to, I will catch up on all the posts tomorrow and have spotted there is a challenge too.
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi again, I've just caught up 5 pages of posts and looked at all the links - hand bag hook, travel purse, luggage strap.

I couldn't understand the bag hook as it looks like a brooch and there didn't seem to be any explanations on the product page as to how it works.

Katiehound, when you get time I think we'd all love to hear your lion story. It's good you've managed to get the extended travel insurance and that you're on the mend and will be busy sewing again.

Mum2one, belated happy birthday. So it wasn't a medical drama this time but problems shopping at Boots that you and Miss H have attracted !!

Chanie you asked about gift wrapping. Some people add small pine cones, tree greenery or small decorations to ribbons when they tie up gifts or instead of paper they use fabric.

There are also interesting Japanese folding techniques that are fairly easy. I've had a go at one of them for a rectangular shaped gift.

Hello to our new members, hope you enjoy the group.

I've had DS2 last week and DS1 arriving Sunday so have some last moment shopping and house prep then after Easter will be looking ahead to other birthdays, I'm hoping to make some hanging window beaded sun catchers or something else with beads. I was given a bag of unwanted bead stash, threads, board to add to my own collection.

I'm also making various emergency boxes - something mum2one used to mention in the challenges.

It just happened that I've already done the cleaning necessary for the past couple of Miss H challenges so I can put my feet up without guilt lol
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    Options
    I was wrapping a few birthday presents and slipped in a few Christmas presents to be wrapped aswell last night which are now safely stored away. If I don't do it along the way I would have a melt down at Christmas with so many little top up presents, and I really have to be in the mood for wrapping. Sounds strange saying that at Easter!
    Chanie I bought the packing cubes aswell, especially after my DSIL and DB went off on their travels last minute this Easter and are back off again on their travels in the summer. I know these and the travel wallet will definately be used.....alot!

I hope everyone has a great Easter x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    Options
    Chanie I bought the packing cubes aswell, especially after my DSIL and DB went off on their travels last minute this Easter and are back off again on their travels in the summer. I know these and the travel wallet will definately be used.....alot!

I hope everyone has a great Easter x

What did you think of the packing cubes?
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    Options
    chanie I really like the packing cubes. I bought a set for my daughter in a pink leopard design aswell that she will get as a pre Christmas ready for Prague again, plus we have weekends away in the summer. I wish we would have had them last year, they would have been really good. I think it is something my DSIL will use alot and as far as I know they don't have any. For the price u can't go wrong.
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    Options
    chanie I really like the packing cubes. I bought a set for my daughter in a pink leopard design aswell that she will get as a pre Christmas ready for Prague again, plus we have weekends away in the summer. I wish we would have had them last year, they would have been really good. I think it is something my DSIL will use alot and as far as I know they don't have any. For the price u can't go wrong.

Thanks. I keep changing my mind about them. Part of me thinks they are a great idea and the other half thinks they are a bit of shopping channel special.

angela thanks for the wrapping suggestions.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Easter, hope everyone has had a gd day, quiet one here, took miss hoodie up to Conwy wed/fri it was a lovely break, picked up a groupon deal. We had a lovely time went up to Betsy coed, saw swallow falls, loitered around conwy, there was a food and drink fayre.... certainly enjoyed the samples....
    Xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family