Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    I love Tiger. The only way to describe it is as a posh poundshop, but the quality is really good.

Am i right in thinking it's only a physical shop still? No online. Used to be sadly. There isn't one anywhere near me. Always used to check but it said in store only.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Am i right in thinking it's only a physical shop still? No online. Used to be sadly. There isn't one anywhere near me. Always used to check but it said in store only.

Yes, I believe it is instore only - the website is just to show what they sell.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Another vote for tiger store, we found one last yr in Prague, then realised we have one at home, ours is a pop up shop, not sure how long there staying.

Sox nit been around, seems one thing after another, gd news mum got her stitches taken out, so she can wash her hair... but not till Sunday... x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Options
    I've never come across Tiger, sounds like a fab shop
    Chanie I bought my storage cubes from eBay for the free p+p and I liked the selection of designs
    mum2oneglad ur mum is doing better.

Bought a few top up presents for my niece, DD and DDBF in the B@@ts clearance. Abit cheeky that they are 50% after the 70% sale but are items that I couldn't find in my store, are great top up presents and I used my points. Also bought a couple of extra bits that could be used a small emergency presents, but if not.....will be used as presents from me to me.
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    Options
    I've never come across Tiger, sounds like a fab shop

Hema is similar to Tiger and they deliver. They have a store at Victoria Train station in London, which I've been to a few times. Like Tiger, they sell a little of everything and its stuff you don't see elsewhere. I think they are Dutch.

http://www.hemashop.com/gb/

They have cute stationery and make up bags which are cheap, but don't look cheap.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 May 2017 at 1:37PM
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Hema is similar to Tiger and they deliver. They have a store at Victoria Train station in London, which I've been to a few times. Like Tiger, they sell a little of everything and its stuff you don't see elsewhere. I think they are Dutch.

I seem to think that when I worked in Germany we used to call Hema 'Dutch woolworths!'... guess it's the same shop many many years later!

Looks like Tiger stores also operate (d?) under the Zebra name!
    My friend went to Norway recently and she said that someone bought things in Tiger there a good bit cheaper than her local Uk store! Seemed hard to believe since prices in Norway generally are just so expensive.

Today bargains in Aldi.
    They had their Easter cookware- silicone spatulas, slices, measuring spoons down to 29 pence saying things like "You're a good egg & Some bunny loves me!". No guesses what people are getting in their stockings.Originally priced @ £1.49 or £1.99
    They also had their kugelhopf baking tins @£2.50, were £4.99 before and I think £7.99 at the start.
    You really have to watch the prices of these things at the till- overcharged by £7!
    It's always worth a cruise past the orange labels!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • chanie
    Options
    My luggage cubes arrived today and I'm pleased with them. I got the same ones as happykitties. So, that's one more gift I can cross off my list.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Options
    I bought my DD some perfume on Saturday online, a really good buy in Superdrug to go into her stocking I always compare prices before I buy perfume so was well chuffed.
    katiehound sounds like you had some fab bargains in Aldi.

It sounds like we are all doing well with birthday and Christmas prep this year.
    I have two birthdays this month, presents and cards all sorted, have saved my stamps from the RM surveys to send, I feel so much better when I am organised-makes a change!!!!!!!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Several presents bought today without too much hassle!

This year I have lots of 'roundy' birthdays to buy for and as before had decided that we pretty much have what we want so charity will benefit. (and of course any item will also incur p&p.... more spondoolies for the Post Office.)

So,'bought' the 2 lucky recipients cute golden retrievers from Canine Partners-sponsorship for the year with a gift package that includes pup updates, info and a cuddly dog which I think the relative sproglets will enjoy. And to accompany them I bought x 2 subscriptions to Good Housekeeping @ 6 issues for £6- a bargain.

I then cancelled another friend's GH subscription which has just paid out by DD and set up a new one with the 6 for £6 deal so that won't end until Feb or March next year. Oops getting ahead of myself!

I would very much have liked to support Medical Detection Dogs but all you get for your money is a pen and an annual magazine. Not money well spent in that sponsoring a dog should spread the word with updates and things.So another charity benefits instead.

And a treat for myself- Prima mag @ 6 for £6 having just cancelled the existing DD!
    Many thanks
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Options
    and mutter , mutter, curses, curses have just remembered that I should have done those subscriptions through TCB. Last year it was well worth it! So lost out on 3 but one more to go. (Two were over the phone as I needed to cancel existing DDs and start again so no chance for cash back that way!)

Will now put a TCB sticky fixer message on the screen! in the hope that I don't then ignore it........
    Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure