Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Seldom_Seen_Kid
    Seldom_Seen_Kid Posts: 377 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2017 at 2:41PM
    Options
    Both my husband and I have just had cancellation email for the Madam Tussaudes package via Expedia. They have offered free entry to MT as an apology. MT was the part that didn't interest us. It was always too good to be true, so nothing lost.
  • Lee399
    Lee399 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Both my husband and I have just had cancellation email for the Madam Tussaudes package via Expedia. They have offered free entry to MT as an apology. MT was the part that didn't interest us. It was always too good to be true, so nothing lost.

Yes same here just got the cancelation email. We will still take up the offer as we have my daughter with us so she'll enjoy MT.
    We sincerely apologize for this disruption to your booking, and we worked with Madame Tussauds to provide the following for your troubles:

From the email they are offering.

• Complementary pass to Madame Tussauds Las Vegas (retail value of USD $29.95)
    • Commemorative wax hand (retail value of USD $15)
    • Complimentary non-alcoholic drink (retail value: USD $5.00)
    • USD $10 off purchase of USD $30 or more in the Gift Shop
  • John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Lee399 wrote: »
    She coming with us for 5 days upto the wedding so we do need to keep her amussed
    Maybe rent a car and explore beyond the city? You'll have to drive though as you probably won't be able to get car rental for a youngster, or it'll be very expensive.
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't had a cancellation email yet. We are supposed to be doing it on Saturday. I'll keep an eye out for it.

We also aren't interested in the MT part. Never mind.
  • Seldom_Seen_Kid
    Options
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    I haven't had a cancellation email yet. We are supposed to be doing it on Saturday. I'll keep an eye out for it.

We also aren't interested in the MT part. Never mind.

Fingers crossed for you.
    We did MT in November, and it past an hour. We did it via myvegas, and were glad we had not paid.
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    hmm...no, I tried to register in the UK with a UK number and it wouldn't let me - seemed to only be allowing (XXX) XXX-XXXX format. I will try again before our next trip to the US. I was going through a link that a friend sent me, though...maybe that's part of the issue?

Edited to add I see that several have not had this issue, so I am clearly just being dumb...will try again.

We were with a friend who had a Lyft account for when we needed it. Our first Lyft/Uber experience. It was so great. I didn't realise that no money changes hands...that's excellent. We had a couple of great characters for drivers - really interesting guys.

We've been using Lyft so far, seems most drivers actively use both that and Uber. So so easy and great value. Cars are immaculate and drivers have been lovely so far!
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've been using Lyft so far, seems most drivers actively use both that and Uber. So so easy and great value. Cars are immaculate and drivers have been lovely so far!

I use an app called "fairride" it brings up both uber and lyft at the same time as you want a cab. Tells you which will be cheapest and how long you have to wait
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Made it! Checked in to Palazzo for the first time, love it! Even got our room at about 11am :)

Bit miffed as the UberXL from the airport was $37, took a long way round. Went on to the Uber website and went through their complaint wizard, but it said it was within their pricing window.
  • pebblesmax
    Options
    Made it! Checked in to Palazzo for the first time, love it! Even got our room at about 11am :)

Bit miffed as the UberXL from the airport was $37, took a long way round. Went on to the Uber website and went through their complaint wizard, but it said it was within their pricing window.
    That's not good. Iv'e never used Uber XL though. I think you need to get it reviewed another way. That is excessive.
  • pebblesmax
    Options
    Update on Romance package. I got an email today, but it is to cancel the package for 29th April. I still have heard nothing regarding tomorrow's package. I'm planning to go there and see what happens. It will be a pain if they have only cancelled one of my bookings and I have to fight for the other.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure