PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Ground rent through a 3rd party? Simarc trying it on?

ben306
ben306 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 24 November 2016 at 10:20AM in House buying, renting & selling
Hi All,

New to the forum and hoping I can get some help.

I've had an letter from a company call Simarc. Having checked the website, it doesnt look very professional.

They are apparently the collection company for my ground rent. I've been in the house 18 months and this is the 1st time I've had anything from them. The ground rent is £12 a year and they want £18 which is right for how long I've been in the property, but this company want a further £60 ground rent collection cost.

There are a few things that don't ring right for me. The number you call is just an automated thing. They dont have the correct postcode. They have attached the original letter which is actually addressed to the previous owners. They mention a Wallace Estates Ltd as being the landlord so why cant I just pay them direct?

Any help or advise appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family